cnc

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drei

Reaction score
i was considering in buying a benchtop cnc with a budget say about 6000 euros or so. i have already serch and the kx3 milll seems a good deal since it also has all the programs needed for the machinig if i understood right. but the lack of especially y axis i a draw back....
Anyone knows of some other cnc machiens which dosent require so much electr/ical connections, interfacing etc sine i am not so good in these things :D...

Drei

Drei said:
seems a good deal since it also has all the programs needed for the machinig if i understood right.

Just a word of caution.

From what I just read it comes with Mach3 software. That software is intended to run the mill with Gcode provided by you. Yes it has wizards for doing some simple stuff but you will still want/need a cam program for more complex parts. The cam may do the simple cad (DXF) part but again for more complex stuff a CAD program will be handy. If you want to drill fancy hole patterns you might get by but if you want to machine a blower housing or transmission case, you will need to get a bit more software.

The KX3 is a complete 3 axis machine ready to run with no wiring by the user. It also has internal wiring for a 4th axis, but the rotary table is an optional extra.

Steve is right, the software is complete for running a program, but to be useful you will need to get both a CAD and a CAM package. There are some combination packages, one worth a look is CamBam.

Malta will probably be serviced by ARC Euro in the UK and they sell the machine with a full Mach license and a full licensed copy of Vectric's Cut2D which is enough to get started.

So other than a computer and some tooling you are all set to go.

John S.

Drei

I am also in Malta. If you ever get set up for CNC I would love to see it.

Did you have a look at the Tormach site?

Another option is to convert a manual mill to CNC but from what you said you want to avoid the electrics and electronics involved in doing this.

Good luck with whatever you finally choose.

Vince

Latest posts

Back