Close Quarters

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
My machine shop is an annex off my design office, and measures 7 foot x 8 foot. I have a mill, a lathe, a 1" belt sander, a drill sharpener, and a shop vac in there, and about ten million other things hanging on the walls. When I first started messing around with small engines, I bought a 12 drawer wall mounted cabinet to store all my various nuts and bolts in. After a couple of years, my nut and bolt collection outgrew that cabinet, and I resorted to keeping them all in prescription medicine containers, labelled with my marking pen. The last two years I've spent as much time trying to find the right nuts and bolts for my projects as I do machining them. I decided to buy myself a Christmas present this year, and bought a 60 drawer wall mounted cabinet with pull out drawers. With a great deal of "shoe horning", I managed to fit the 60 drawer cabinet into the space where the 12 door cabinet had originally been.
rk72uE.jpg

My machine shop is an annex off my design office, and measures 7 foot x 8 foot. I have a mill, a lathe, a 1" belt sander, a drill sharpener, and a shop vac in there, and about ten million other things hanging on the walls. When I first started messing around with small engines, I bought a 12 drawer wall mounted cabinet to store all my various nuts and bolts in. After a couple of years, my nut and bolt collection outgrew that cabinet, and I resorted to keeping them all in prescription medicine containers, labelled with my marking pen. The last two years I've spent as much time trying to find the right nuts and bolts for my projects as I do machining them. I decided to buy myself a Christmas present this year, and bought a 60 drawer wall mounted cabinet with pull out drawers. With a great deal of "shoe horning", I managed to fit the 60 drawer cabinet into the space where the 12 door cabinet had originally been.
rk72uE.jpg
Amazing!!

Back