Building the pump--

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks good, Im still racking my brain to figure out what I need one for, I know I need one though.
Can the output spout be made horizontal instead of verticle?
-B-

Krown Kustoms said:
It looks good, Im still racking my brain to figure out what I need one for, I know I need one though.
Can the output spout be made horizontal instead of verticle?
-B-

Yes, if you changed the orientation of the hole with the discharge valve in it to vertical, then the spout could be made horizontal.

nice pump Brian

you may leave away the spring - sure

i've build a feed pump on my 2 cyl diagonal and it work better than ever thought.
i have drilled the hole for the ball seat in brass and then given one hard touch on it
ready

the measured pressure was 8atm (then the tube has left ...)

Frank

Okay fellows--Fair Warning---So many of the parts changed as I was building the pump that I have deleted all the drawings that were posted and redone them. They are saved as .pdf files and can be downloaded from the following .ftp site link. Remember, if you do download them, a nice way to say thank you is to give me a karma point.
http://www.mediafire.com/?etyztw2yyjw

nice brain . karma point heck man you are karma.
your an inspiration to us all . i for one am grateful that people such as you are willing to share all your wisdom with us
we ( us knuckle heads) sure do enjoy all that you all do and show. this applies to all of you who inspire us newbies. :bow:
THANK YOU :bow:

oh ya nice video too i enjoyed it so much :bow:

It may end up looking like this--
PUMPWITHTWINHORIZONTAL.jpg

Bit by bit we're getting there!!! I built a counter-shaft support bearing/bracket and countershaft, did a bit of pulley swapping, and have arrived at the first stage modification to my twin horizontal engine that I designed and built two years ago. Its setting there running as I type this.--of course you'll have to take my word for that, as the picture "freezes" the motion.
COUNTERSHAFTINSTALLED001.jpg

;D I believe you Brian, I can see the air rushing through that pvc tubing!

This morning I finished the last bit of bracketry to mount all of my gear reductions onto my twin cylinder horizontal engine, and of course I had to take it for a test drive!!! It runs the pump very well, as the video shows. It doesn't seem to put much strain at all on the engine, as the governors only move the slightest fraction when it is lifting the oil in the pump. I could have probably used twice as large a pump plunger without straining the engine at all, but then the pump body would have got too large and bulky to make. Incidentaly, that is one of my most beautifull engines, and as I say in the video, anyone who wants to build the engine can download the complete set of plans by following the attached link for a download from Mediafire.---Brian
<a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?wyjzyhx0ynm">http://www.mediafire.com/?wyjzyhx0ynm</a>

very nice work with the pump Brian!

I downloaded the plans and this time I know what it meens ' a Karma point' :big:

when I read it for the first time (when downloaded the plans of the simple steam engine, my first build) I thought long over that ??? ::) :-\ and finally I came to the conclusion that you Brian were a sort of devout Buddisht, but I didn't know how to intercede with Buddha for you

fortunately after some time I discovered that writing under the member name and by that time I have given several karma points :)

Back