Building Elmers #44 Open Column Twin (Final pictures, and video)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First...thanks for the reply on my question.

Secondly...wonderful work! At 2:30 there was an audible gasp from me...the slow smooth running, and the sound,....very very nice. Thanks.
Great ride too.

very well done, well painted, very nice running engine :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow... that was a fast build. And what a gorgeous result. Excellent work and craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Chuck

As Zee said,
I too am impressed by how low the RPMs get and how smooth it runs. :bow: :bow: :bow:

tom

Very nice engine now I have the time to look I am finding good things.
Cograt's on a nice runner. Jack

Jack B said:
Very nice engine now I have the time to look I am finding good things.
Cograt's on a nice runner. Jack

Thanks Jack!

Its a great little engine design that I whole heartily recommend.

Elmer really put out some great plans for us to enjoy building!

-MB

Metal Butcher,

which engine is depicted in your avatar? Is it one of Elmer's?

tom

MB, thanks for posting the build. I've been trying to decide on my second engine and your posts helped me to make up my mind, #44 it is. My first engine with a steam chest, it'll be fun.

-TS

Troutsqueezer said:
MB, thanks for posting the build. I've been trying to decide on my second engine and your posts helped me to make up my mind, #44 it is. My first engine with a steam chest, it'll be fun.

-TS

You will love building it. Its much nicer in real life than the poor quality photos on the scanned copies of the plan.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

-MB

MB,

Don't quite know how I missed this build, might have something to do with relocating and being off the air for too long :mad: - In any event please accept my apologies. :bow:

Wonderful job and a really terrific runner - Congratulations. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back