• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bridgeport M-head for sale, Dayton OH area.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holescreek

Reaction score
I replaced the M-head on my mill with a J-head a couple of years ago and kind of forgot about it. I was working out in the other garage last weekend and rediscovered it. Today I saw a link on the PM forum where someone found one mounted on a drill press stand. (talk about the ultimate mill/drill) Anyway, I have a working M-head with motor and fine feed handwheel and a partial set of collets in B&S#7, 1/2", 7/16", 3/8", 5/16", & 1/4". If you are willing to pick it up south of Dayton Ohio (not terribly far from the Air Force Museum) you can have it for $225. -Mike
Image27.jpg

Image28.jpg

Image29.jpg

I have two questions. The first is if there is anyway you'd consider shipping?

Secondly, I have a Sheldon 0 mill that I'd like to find a vertical milling head for. Originally the Sheldon had a couple of different milling head options from the factory, one of a similar design to the M head. I'm unsure about the scale difference between the factory head and the M head (or if there is any). Could you post a photo with a scale or tape measure next to the head so I can get an idea if it's even possible to mount on the Sheldon mill?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I am not in the shipping business. I ran into a similar circumstance when I sold the original power feed unit from the X axis. Sold it for $50 and the seller paid $80 to ship! By the time I made a box, took the time to drive it down to the UPS depot ect. I would have been money ahead to sell it for scrap. Just in case you can find one locally here are photos with dimensions. I also weighed the parts. The head weighs 70 pounds and the motor 46 pounds.

Mhead001.jpg

Mhead002.jpg

Mhead003.jpg

Here's an old photo showing it mounted. I wish I had that much room now.
Shop3.jpg

I understand the troubles with shipping. Thanks for the photo's with the tape. It's much larger than I had in mind and the scale is all out of proportion for the Sheldon mill anyway.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back