• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Bridgeport/Well Setting Mill, DRO AngleLock Vise,collets

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jschoenly

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Sale: Vertical Mill. This is a 1990 Well Setting base that had the head discarded by the previous owner due to bearing/drive failures. The machine came to me nearly 10 years ago with the Mitutoyo 2 Axis DRO and an OLD servo power feed without the head. The head is a genuine Bridgeport variable speed 1 1/2HP that came off a tracer type mill with very little use. Upper end of the head was taken apart to clean (it was so tight, oil had it gummed up). The head is in excellent shape and has the slow feed handle and a spring loaded quill handle. MSC brand angle lock vise needs jaws but is not abused and drilled up. The servo power feed is off right now as I was going to rebuild it. It does run and the speed varies but it may need a pot and some good cleaning/oiling. One shot oiler. 9" x 48" table in good shape. Overall a nice machine and I've made many parts on this machine. Needs a good cleaning, but it's a user! I have another mill and no space for 2 so it has to go. PM with any questions and to discuss. May be able to help in shipping. Have forklift to load. $2250 obo. Located in South East PA.

Bridgeport%2B01.JPG

Bridgeport%2B02.JPG

Bridgeport%2B06.JPG

Bridgeport%2B07.JPG

Bridgeport%2B12.JPG

The name, Well-Setting , has always amused me since I think it was an attempt to by the maker( Asian) to associate his machines with those of an established American machine tool maker, Wells-Index. http://www.wells-index.com/ without actually copying the name.

WOB

Latest posts

Back