Bob Shores Pacifier Tribute

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job amazing stuff, obviously don't have a wife needing attention therefor lets you get things done.

I have completed the motor mounts. Now I can get it screwed down to something and get the cam timing set and finish the distributor. I bolted on a few accessories to make the pictures a little more interesting.

IMG_0030.jpg~original

IMG_0031.jpg~original

The Castings, do you make them?

I do not. Once the engine is completed and I am satisfied the thing can be built from them, I will update every page and ship them off to Dirk Tollanaar down in texas. He will have the castings available with the drawings. I have never discussed what the price will be so I can't speak to that. I would expect them to be available by the end of march.

A little more progress. Have the intake manifold cut out. A little hand filing and a shot in the sand blaster and it will be done. Also have the head, intake, and carb gaskets made. Sorry about the lack of pictures but I am rushing a bit to get as fer as i can. Work is about to get crazy and shop time will become zero.

IMG_0047.jpg~original

Well I have reached a milestone on the project. I have completed all that is covered on the drawings. I am going to finalize the drawings and then figure out a way to rig up an ignition and fuel tank and get it fired up. After it has run I will get it mounted and complete a permanent fuel tank and radiator.

IMG_0055s.jpg~original

Do you have an ignition system in mind? Can't wait to heat that baby fire up! I gather the water pump will be belt driven.

Back