Biscuit Tin Steam Engine. Part 13.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Bird

Reaction score
The last major component to be made was the regulator, its construction being similar to that of the warm up valves and the cylinder port block. Namely, a rectangular plate of brass with holes drilled in it, some of these holes being plugged. The vale fitted being the same as the warm up valve but with its spindle being more tapered. (P.117).

117 BTE Regulator block..JPG

A stand the same as the others made was used to hold the regulator to the engine base plate. (P.118).

118 BTE Regulator bracket..JPG

The regulator fitted to its stand. (P.119).

119 BTE Regulator.JPG

The regulator screwed in place on the engine bed plate. (P.120).

120 BTE Regulator fitted..JPG

In the wooden base there would be no solid pipe connections between the engines various components; they would be connected by silicon tubes. For this some connectors were needed; three, of the four tubes to be used by the reversing valve were straight. (P.121).

121 BTE Reversing valve connector.JPG

The fourth connection to the reversing valve needed to be a ‘T’, and two other ’T’s would be needed for steam connections to the cylinder port blocks. Hopefully photographs 122 -125 will explain their construction.

122 BTE T connector 1.JPG

123 BTE T connector 2.JPG

124 BTE T connector 3.JPG

125 BTE Reversing valve with connectors.JPG

On the home straight now! To be continued………

Tony, when I saw the title, Biscuit Tin, I just kind of glanced over it..... until this morning!!
The 4th picture in your post above, the assembly picture, literally floored me! That set up looks so spectacular, it doesn't even have to run, LOL.
The precise layout, the blending of the copper and brass and steel in a consistent, aesthetically pleasing "big picture", go above and beyond. Hiding some of the lesser parts underneath is fine with me because of the way it keeps the top clean and organized. Makes it look like a brand new engine room just leaving the factory. Very nice! Honestly, it deserves a walnut base.
Lloyd

Back