Billet V-8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justlesh

Reaction score
Heres a couple pics of some of what I have done on the thing. Doing the pistons internal profile was my motivation for the cnc project. I haven't machined the outside of the rods yet, saving that for the finished cnc's first full project.

mighty mouse pistons.jpg

mighty mouse pistons.jpg

mighty mouse valvetrain .jpg2.jpg

mighty mouse valvetrain .jpg2.jpg

Very cool !! :bow:

Looks like you got a great start on all the little bits 'n pieces :)

Mike

My own design. Lots of evenings pondering on paper. Correcting drawings as I go and may offer up to public when done and debugged. Yeah, thats the start of a camshaft. Haven't decided on a grind yet plus working on a camgrinder design that may also facilitate the rough machining on my mill and grinding crankshafts. Between home remodeling, work, and too many little irons in fire this one has been put off just a little. Hoping this might get me motivated again. Heres another pic, the crank just needs cut for balance and rod journals ground.

crankshaft.jpg

block 1.jpg

block 1.jpg

block 2.jpg

That's alot of very nice work there!

well done, look forward to the cam grinding pics,

Thanks,

Kevin.

Great looking project so far. What are you basing your build on, if anything? When I built mine I took most of the dimensions from a full sized engine so at least I had somewhere to start.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back