Bellingham, WA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bovine

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I am new to the site. I recently started a machining program at the local tech college and am excited with the possibility to venture into the world of steam engines.
I was bitten when exposed to one of the steam vessels on Lake Whatcom this summer. I love the "mechanicalness" of it as the late Indian Larry once said.
Being new, I want to find local folks with the same passion. Is there anyone out there who knows of any local Bellingham, WA organizations?
Thank you for giving this a read and I hope I can contribute to this site some day.
Bovine

welcome to the forum . There is a model engineering club but it appears to be a model railroad club. for what it is worth you are near a Grizzly tool show room. That can be a good source of tools.
teaching at a local school cool.
any questions just ask.
Tin

G'day Bovine. Welcome to HMEM. Lots of steam engines and other goodies here. We love pictures so whatever you build dont forget to post snapshots.
Please :)

Always good to see an Pacific northwest'er. i am down in Portland. Have you ever been to the GEARS Model Engineering Show?

Pat

Welcome Bovine, sounds like you are off to a good start.

Jim

Thanks for the warm welcome.
Tin Falcon, I am about 20 minutes from Grizzley and I will ask about local clubs when I go in next.
StarNovice, I have never heard about GEARS Model engineering show but I will Google it.
I am not sure when I will be able to begin an engine project but I will try to post pictures when possible, I have down loaded the APP to my iphone so maybe posting pictures from the shop will be easier.
Bovine

Latest posts

Back