Beam Engine (its Brian's fault)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolland

Reaction score
I finished the beam engine Brian has drawn up. I have to say that it is one of the best designs I have made. The engine is the same one he has published in Home Workshop magazine. I got the plans about a month ago and was working on it while trying to sort out the hit and miss. Sometimes I have to walk away from something before the light comes on.
The plans are easy to follow and other than a couple of setups I had not done before was easy to build.
It will run on 5 pounds of air and will self start on about 15 pounds. At five pounds it will run at about 15 or 20 rpm. I cranked it up to 30 pounds and it will really get the rpms.
So Brian :bow: good job!

I have to get a video camera somehow ???

100_0812.jpg

100_0813.jpg

Roland---Thats a beauty!!! Great job. I love it when people build things from the plans I put up. Thats got to be worth a karma point------Brian

Beautiful build of Brian's design Rolland! :bow:
Kudos to both of you!

Rick

Great Job Rolland. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

:bow: !!! All right !! Brian you should feel like a proud father or grandfather watching one of your babies come to life :D

Well said Mike ;D ............. very well done both of you :bow:

CC

Back