Band sawing Range Rover Engine Block

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfside

Reaction score
We build engines, and they just destroy it. LOL , I think this is cool , bad ass band saw
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4t3n4H9JFA[/ame]

This should improve mileage by 2x?:eek:

Cheers,
Phil

Reactions: gus
I don´t know it these saw´s are any good but at leat the sales maneger is nice to look at

Things I noticed

1 Impressive saw.
2 Cute girl
3 Cute girl wearing huge wristwatch while operating impressive saw.
4 Girls hair not tied back.
5 Girl not wearing safety glasses.
6 Cute girl wearing no sleeves one safety point met.

Tin

Tin , you're very watchful. I wonder if you even took a glance on the engine block being destroyed .

This was much better than the bowling ball they cut in their first video.
What coolant is appropriate for bowling balls? Beer.

She should get her facts right. Freeze plugs are not intended to protect the engine block from cracking if the coolant freezes. That is an urban legend. The hole where the freeze plug goes is to allow removal of the core sand after the block is cast. The freeze plug is then inserted to keep the coolant from running out the hole when the engine is installed in a vehicle. True, they will pop out if the coolant freezes, but 9 times out of 10 the block will be cracked also if this should happen.

Last edited:
There know as Welch Plugs over here, and as Brian says, there blocking holes left from the casting process.

Paul.

It produced too much heat, I'm wondering if blade didn't wear out. For that kind of engine block, what it is usually made of?

Last edited:
That's a nodular iron block with stainless core plugs. We cut cylinder heads with our saw regularly cutting the core plugs and injector and glow plug tubes also.

shoot man i can do that with my hack saw 67 days 18 hrs and 47 seconds hahahahahahahahahaha
thats was pretty cool vid

shoot man i can do that with my hack saw 67 days 18 hrs and 47 seconds hahahahahahahahahaha
thats was pretty cool vid

Ha! I don't think a hack saw blade can last for more than 2hrs. :)

That's a nodular iron block with stainless core plugs. We cut cylinder heads with our saw regularly cutting the core plugs and injector and glow plug tubes also.
Land Rover V-8 blocks of that vintage are aluminum with steel sleeves. Core plugs are mild steel/cad plated. The sleeves come loose and/or crack when they they get old....Bummer.

The "DNA" of that engine came from the '61 Buick Special/Olds F85 215 C.I. V8. Sad thing is I clearly remember reading about them in my Dad's Popular Science mag. as a young teenager. Damn I'm old.:(

Land Rover V-8 blocks of that vintage are aluminum with steel sleeves. Core plugs are mild steel/cad plated. The sleeves come loose and/or crack when they they get old....Bummer.

The "DNA" of that engine came from the '61 Buick Special/Olds F85 215 C.I. V8. Sad thing is I clearly remember reading about them in my Dad's Popular Science mag. as a young teenager. Damn I'm old.:(

What bandsaw blade do you usually use for cutting aluminum and mild steel?

Back