Another hello from Sydney Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony B

Reaction score
Hello All

As you may see my name is Tony, and I live just North of Sydney, on the Central Coast in NSW, and I build model trucks, from plastic kits in 1/16th scale, I am a little bored with that and have playing with the idea of building the same, but in brass, I would like at some stage to build a complete engine in brass, just for show, not for go
I also master my own parts and cast them in resin to sell to my friends around the world that I have made over the years of playing with plastic

I am totally new to metal, and the skills that it requires, and have learnt a lot about converting good metal to scrap, I do have a small lathe which I enjoy making a mess on,
and I still have all my fingers and no bruise on my head from the key as yet, I would like to purchase an mill soon, as well as a CNC machine for cutting out trailer parts, 1000x600
I am being trained in AutoDesk Inventor at the moment(At TAFE), which is a great programme, and have rapid prototyped some parts from that, my neighbour teaches inventor at TAFE (Technical and Further Education), here on the coast, so I do get a lot of help from him when I need it,

I work for a power company, playing on a excavator, I dig trenches for new power and to replace worn out cables, as well as faults to our HV networks, I often dig these cables live, and up to 11,000 volts, makes it more fun when it is live, to date only hit 2 live 240volt cables, and scrapped a live 11,000, we have no rescue for a live 11,000 cable hit
if you get caught in it, well, we also have a lot of safety involved when we do do live stuff, and on a good day it does have a mechanical barrier I have been doing this for 11 years,
before that I use to transport heavy machinery

I do look forward to helping where I can, and learning where I can't, and meeting new and interesting people with some amazing skills

Happy days

Tony

Welcome to HMEM Tony :)

Kind regards, Arnold

Hello, welcome to the board.

Brock in the West

Hi Tony
Welcome from another happy inventor user in western Sydney (I'm lucky work pays for inventor)

Tony,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

G,'day Tony,
Welcome to HMEM, There is lots of useful hints tips and tricks on this forum and also a great bunch of guy's from all walks of life. "Model trucks hey"
interesting. There is a build thread on a scale truck somewhere on this forum, The guy makes his own tyres (tires) a Peterbuilt truck and also a Cat 3408 diesel engine, may be worth checking out.

Cheers Baz in Perth. ;D

Hi Tony B

Welcome to the HMEM forum, would like to see pic's of your trucks. :bow:

Welcome Tony, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do

Jim

Hi Tony
Welcome To the forum Mate
Pete

Thanks guys for the warm welcome,
I am still amazed at the knowledge and skill of the people on this site, I have been reading for ages
and rebuilt the slide on my lathe because of the advice here, so thanks guys

Hi Tony welcome, you'll learn a lot here, you'll be making swarf in no time and knocking out some working engines. All you need to do is to bite off more than you can chew, and then chew like bloody hell. Best way to learn I found.

Hey "ruzzie" where in Western Sydney?? C/town here.

Hi Tony B,

Welcome to the forum, great people, great source of info and always someone willing to share idea's and help when needed.

Excavator operator hey
Have you ever done this???

053.jpg

I found it last week at a mine site over here in WA, in the Pilbara.
Happy to say that no one was hurt, funny enough the on site trainer was the guilty culprit, was showing a new bloke how not to operate.
Have fun mate, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

Cheers,
Baz.

Last edited:
Hi Tony B,

Welcome to the forum, great people, great source of info and always someone willing to share idea's and help when needed.

Excavator operator hey
Have you ever done this???

I found it last week at a mine site over here in WA, in the Pilbara.
Happy to say that no one was hurt, funny enough the on site trainer was the guilty culprit, was showing a new bloke how not to operate.
Have fun mate, looking forward to seeing some pictures of your work.

Cheers,
Baz.

Oops, and I thought I was in trouble when I laid a 600kg trench digger on its side a few years ago that I had to dig a way out of.

Welcome aboard, try not to follow Baz's lead

Latest posts

Back