Ahoy! and Yarrgh!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky13dave

Reaction score
I would like to thank you for welcoming me to your community! I have done some lurking here and now have some questions I would like to ask, and I also have some experience in machining, and hope I may be able to add to your conversation!

Some background info:

I love making stuff! I started with lincoln logs and legos, as a teen I played around with electronics and computers and tools, and built models from kits. I studied engineering but didn't go directly into that field. I rode a bicycle for a living for several years, then became a machinist, albeit a CNC machinist. Now, 11 years later I feel blessed as my hobbies and career are rather indistinguishable. I have spent time doing production work in the aerospace industry, and for the past six years have been with a company that primarily supplies the biomedical field.

I have access to very sophisticated manufacturing tools; CNC machines, CAD/CAM packages, etc. I also on occasion get to use a Bridgeport, and frankly seeing the work that dedicated hobby machinists do with these tools always leaves me in a state of awe. Manual machines are the foundation of every process I've worked with.

I look forward to being a member of this community!

Welcome!!! so pick a plan set you like and build and engine looking forward to seeing it !
Tin

Back