A V8 Maybe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The core will get out easier, if it has some release agent on its outer surface. Sooth from a O/A-torch is one commonly used. Maybe anti-splatter-spray for MIG-welding works too (never tried it).

Nick

Looking good Pete,

I am intrigued,

Never seen this before, might have to give it a go at some stage.
Loving the pictures.

What's that motor from you have mounted to the engine???

Looks like a windscreen wiper motor.

Baz.

Hi Alihureiby
Where In Indo are you from, I just got back from there :)
Nick thanks for dropping in.
I milled a slot in the back of the middle cores and that has helped a lot. I did a pour but ran out of metal before the last piston, It seems to be working fine now but perhaps some kind of release agent might help a little as well.
Hey Luc
Why only a V12 ?
Baz
Its a starter motor from a Chinese minibike, hopefully it will do the job.
The price was right :)
Pete
DSCN0470.jpg

Hi Alihureiby
I milled a slot in the back of the middle cores and that has helped a lot. I did a pour but ran out of metal before the last piston, It seems to be working fine now but perhaps some kind of release agent might help a little as well.
Hey Luc
Why only a V12 ?
Baz
Pete
DSCN0470.jpg
Rof}Rof}Rof}Rof}it's only a twin Rof}Rof}

Looking great Pete, sure enjoy the photos. You are doing great work. Nice thinking on the starter.

Watching your progress,

Hi Alihureiby
Hey Luc
Why only a V12 ?
Baz
Pete
DSCN0470.jpg

hii

surabaya, east java. and where you go here? :)

ali

hi pete

look from the v8 engine you build , the piston size :eek:
i think it can powered go cart :O

Thanks Danny
Hi Ali
I was in Suabaya For a couple of weeks over Christmas, remember the outside of the piston has to be turned down so they are larger now then the finished piston :)
HI Luc
Its 1/3 scale of 6.28 cubic Inches, maybe Ali is right and a supercharged Go cart is on the cards :)
I made a short Video to help explain my process.
Pete

[ame="http://youtu.be/HDRj_kE8RwA"]http://youtu.be/HDRj_kE8RwA[/ame]

100%

100%

hii pete

so you visiting the house of sampoerna too?
because my home is really close there :)

ali

Love the aussie safety boots Pete ... lol

It's looking good so far, keep up the good work ;)

Hi Ali
Its a pity, I would have loved to meet a local Model Engeneer while I was there :)
Hi Trumpy
I was wearing them for the Video in case I had to swim back to the house ;D
Now that Ive got a full set of piston slugs I roughed one down to 1.125" to get an idea of what the metal is like.
I had intended to melt pistons for the slugs but ended up using what scrap I had, even so the slug machined well and will make nice pistons.
Pete
DSCN0478.jpg

Very good setup there Pete, getting hard not wanting to see how it will sound when you start that big boy up.

Good work,

cluck cluck :D
Long road ahead danny
Its early days yet!
Ive roughed out the pistons now and will put them aside til im a little further into the build.
pete

DSCN0480.jpg

Ok Guys
I recast the Blower and it looks usable so will make a start on it. The bit of plate will be the adaptor for the intake.
Pete
DSCN0484.jpg

Hi Guys
I remade the Carby adaptor plate today but have not bolted it to the Blower housing yet.
I wanted to think about weather or not to countersink the 4-40 bolts as well as the bolts that hold on the Blower, I think it will be more in keeping with the sunken bolts I plan for the Tappet Covers.
Pete
DSCN0486_zps607a5c34.jpg

Latest posts

Back