A V8 Maybe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete, that engine is going to look real good once finished. Shoot!! It looks great now. I will keep following you progress.
:)

Hi Danny
Thanks Mate
It was sooo hot today, that tin shed was like a oven but I got the block extenders done but so far only the front one is bolted down.
The carby adaptor sitting on the manifold will eventualy bolt on top of the blower as im making the hole pattern the same, blower and manifold.
Pete
DSCN0434.jpg

G'day Pete,

Looking good, you seem to be making good progress. Have you decided on the material and design for the crank yet?

Sounds like you are getting heat like we had last week in WA, We had 40degC for 8 days straight tipping at 47C at my place.
Finishing the insulation and plaster board off in my new shed was absolute torture.

Baz.

Hi
Baz
Year mate its hot and its hard to keep it together, Yesterday I made up the carby adaptor but drilled everything in the wrong place so will have to remake it at some stage, lucky its a simple part :)
Down the track a bit id like to insulate the tin shed too, right now shes an oven.
Have not even given a thought to the Crank yet but one thing I do know is that there is no way this thing is gunna fit my display cabinet much longer if I keep bolting bits on it LOL
Pete
DSCN0435.jpg

Well Today the smoke haze seems to be lifting so thats good,
When you see semi trailers parked in school grounds and cherry pickers in neighbors front yards even I start to pay attention.
Yesterday there was a heavy smoke haze everywhere but its clearing today.
I painted the supercharger pattern today and am thinking of doing a pour soon, maybe tomorrow if I get around to it.
Pete

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg
DSCN0442.jpg

Hey Pete-
if my computer brakes from my drooling I will send you the bill!! Really cool stuff- following along with interest..

Cheers, Karsten

Hello Pete,

Hello Pete,

Smoke; was there a fire in your area? I understand it is hot where you are.It is only 20*F here in Alaska, we are going to get ice soon.

Your engine is looking real good. I am learning more each post you make. I hope the other gentleman, Karsten does not droolon his computer, with all you have going on you cannot take the time tohelp him wipe off that stuff. And I don't blame him at all. LOL!
Great work Pete.

Hi Pete,

Have been watching you build with interest.

FYI, I retrofitted insulation into my shed, made a huge difference.
Just staple gunned it to the battens.

009.jpg

Hello Pete.
I`m in Brasil and building the Tiny in Line 4 from Kelly. My thread is Building the Tiny inline 4 in Brazil.
I just visited your thread today and found it really interesting.
It is amazing the way you are building your baby. I`m very impressed for your dedication doing everything by yourself and using scrap material for your castings congratulations!!!
I also plan to build a V8 after finishing the TI4. I have purchased the plans from Steve (great wonderfull project).
I will be following your progress with close interest.

See you.
Edi from Brasil

Hi Karsten
You might send that Bill to Intel maybe??
Your chances would have to be better there then with me LOL
Glad your enjoying the journey :)
Yup Danny there are fires everywhere cos of the heat at the moment.
I had a job this morning that took most of the day as the dirt had turned to powder and the machine would not get traction and had to be pushed between stumps by the customer and myself.
Hi dmac
What did you use ?
It looks transparent and I assume your dropped the lights?
maybe I can do the same :)
Hi Edi
nice to hear from you and I have heard Steve's plan set is very good so building that engine would be a pleasure.
Pete

Hi Guys
I drilled the push rod holes and bolted down the intake this arvo after work, then cleaned it up a little, those pistons sure make a nice hard intake :)
Both the push rod holes and the inlet bolts gave me a bit of stress as on one sheet the rod holes are .250 and on another .375 so I chose the little one as I can drill it larger later if needed and the inlet bolts were 6-32 on one sheet and 8-32 on another with completely different hole centers, I used the 8-32 as I they ended up between the push rod holes rather then into them, I liked that as its so much stronger!
This build sort of reminds me of those kids books with two or three different endings depending on the choices you make LOL
I kinder reckon this plan set was never meant to be built :fan:
Pete
DSCN0443.jpg

Hi Luc
Thanks for the support, I'm going to need it when the going gets tough :)
what I have for the Cam shows two different cam angles (110 degrees and 114 degrees and a totally different firing order on different sheets)
I'm thinking of going standard chevy firing order but will have to see what the cranks like first.
Hi Edi
I'm planing for a one inch piston so far and from memory Steve used a .623 piston on his V8.
I plan to study his Cam and fixture when the time comes, maybe I can adapt it to my block. ( hope you don't mind Steve :) )
George's dizzy, Steve's Cam and Amsbury"s Flywheel and collet, all modified, I think I'm getting a headache. :fan:
Pete

Sounds like a cursed set of plans you were given. I find the bloke and give him a good talking to.

Brock

Come on Brock,

That guy was me. I'm the silly bugger that paid 200 bucks for the bloody things from some dodgy seller off Ebay ;)

Baz.

Hi brock
Thanks for dropping in :)
The plans are challenging but are forcing me to grow just to get a result.
Baz you payed $200 dollars real money??
Not your best day my friend :)
These plans have little in common with the real "Black Widow"
so I have called my engine "the Shadow"
Pete

"The Shadow" Ha Ha Ha Rof}Rof}Rof}

Yeah well, you win some and you loose some as they say.
That day I lost some.

You are doing very well considering, good to see.

Pete,
The shadow from the radio show knew all. I guess your plans are a little short on knowing all. However, looking real good. Keep up the good work.

Will continue to follow your progress.

Doing a beautiful job.

Thanks Danny
I cast up the blower this arvo but in my haste to remove it from the sand I broke of the pouring spigots which left a nasty hole, I really am an idiot sometimes, bugger it.
will put it up in the mill tomorrow and see what its like.
There is about 1/4 of an inch to be machined of the bottom but I don't know if I have the allowance front and back to remove where the spigot broke off.
Think I will recast it.
Pete
DSCN0444.jpg

Latest posts

Back