A V8 Maybe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GDay Pete,

That motor is looking sweet!! It's also HUGE!!! I can't wait till you start on the crank :p

I'd like to contact you on Skype if that's OK?

I'm just waiting on the arrival of my new smartphone which I believe has Skype on it. It should be here tomorrow (Friday) or Monday. The retailer just advised me that it's on it's way :)

What's the best time to contact you?

Hi Andy
Just add me in Skype when your ready Mate
If your local, come over for a Coffee if you want.
looks like I can line up a combustion chamber with the casting flaw so will have a bash with what ive got for the time being.
pete

Good day Pete,
I am in Alaska and was woundering what the time difference was? I am on Skype as well and would like to chat one day. If the time was right.

Danny

Hi Pete,

No words... only whatching the excellent progress of the your job!

Cheers,

Alexandre

Hi Danny
Ive got no idea about alaskan time zones Buddy other then what ive heard.
Dont the days last 6 months over there?
must make getting your Engines done easy :eek:
Just add me in Skype and we will work it out :)
Hi Alexandre
Thanks for that Mate, its getting there
Today I drilled the head bolt and push rod holes and took a skim of the top.
Pete
DSCN0388.jpg
DSCN0390.jpg

Alaska is 17 hrs behind Brisbane.
So 5pm today is still 10pm yesterday in Alaska.
Hope this helps. :)

Hi Guys I got a little more done over the weekend and drilled the Block and this afternoon Bored one bank.
I really should have made the Block a bit bigger cos its going to be a bit of a squeeze getting everything in.
I would really hate to have to scrap this Block as there is not a flaw in it and machines just like a bought one :cool:
Pete
DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

Metalmad--You have certainly taken a giant leap foreward since your first i.c. engine. You are doing very impressive work. I'm glad you decided to stick around on this forum when so many of the good guys bailed out with the change of forum ownership.---Brian

Hi Brian
Thanks for the drop in Mate, when you start building engines where I did the only way is up and I seem to improve dispite myself :fan:
My Father was a Sawmiller, so im following your current build with some interest and as always the imagination and ease you complete your builds with amazes me.
I am trying to obtain a copy of Inventer at the moment and hope to take some faltering steps in that direction soon.
Pete
DSCN0395.jpg

Hi Andy
That Inventor is great buddy.
Im going to do a little bit of drawing every night with it and see if I can come to terms with it.
Today I Bored out the other Bank and made a drawing of the timing cover, but so far have no idea how to get it from there to here :hDe:
Pete

Hi Guys
Had a few dramas with the Block since I posted last as I broke a tap when threading one of the head bolts, I used a metal cutting disk in a small hand grinder to grind out the tap and Ausdier then came to the rescue with his new welder.
After I redrilled and took a skim off the block it was hard to see which one was the repaired one and down the track I will clean up the weld on the side of the Block too, there are 55 threaded holes so far in the block and more to come.
After saving The block I was so happy I bored the water jackets and did a little more work on the bearing webs .
I forgot to take a pic, so this shot in the mill is a mock up.
Pete
DSCN0398.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

Pete, I take me hat off to Ausdier. He's done a great job of welding up that block for you. Next time though, don't go breaking taps ... lol :p

Good day Pete,
I am in Alaska and was woundering what the time difference was? I am on Skype as well and would like to chat one day. If the time was right.

Danny

Danny
I'm in SW Washington and talk with Pete via Skype on a regular basis. I'm working on a steam engine for the model of W.T Preston that Mike in Auburn WA is building.

Dave

skype name dave.sohlstrom

Hi Andy Yes I was very impressed too, I had been worried welding would eat into the edges and leave gaps etc but there was nothing like that. All I had to do was take a cut off the deck to remove the weld build up. NICE! Hi Danny Im Hoping to find more model Engeneers to Chat with, so as time permits add me and say Hi. That offer goes for everybody else as well! Thanks for the drop in Dave :)

Well hello to the great builders on this thread and site.
Looks like the weld was a great save. I tell you what, you gentlemen are very good at what you do. I will watch this build and enjoy getting to know y'all as time moves on. I will also try to get on Skype one of these days.
Thank you for all the great photos and tips.
Skype = Dgremes

Thanks for that Danny
Yes there are some very skillfull people here and part of the pleasure I get from posting my Engines is that social communication with them as I struggle to make each Engine just a little bit more complex then the last.
Got some Big end Caps done this afternoon, It was stinking hot in that tin shed today I tell you.
Pete
DSCN0403.jpg

that looks awesome, cant wait to et a machine or 2 so I can join in. Would have been hot in there today I answer phones for QLD and NSW, the QLD boys were all complaining today

Thanks Mate :)
But remember, you can never have enougth machines ;D
I would love a small surface grinder LOL
its a sickness:hDe:
Pete

Latest posts

Back