A larger table for my mill (WM14)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picclock

Reaction score
Hi

I'm working on a project where I need a longer table and leadscrew for my WM14 mill. I phoned up Warco, the importer, and had no luck. I know I can move the work around but for this job I need very high accuracy as best found in one continuous cut.

The current table is 400x120mm (it says in the manual but I measure 130) but movement in the Y axis is only 230mm. I can remove the endplate from the table but then its going to be moving out of the dovetails.

Short of buying a larger mill which I don't have the room for, or the finance, a longer table for this one sounds like the best approach.

Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards

picclock

Hi Rich
I checked out the table at arc, but they said it was not suitable as the dovetails would have to be widened by a large amount which would make it unsafe.

It seems a shame, but I suspect the only real remedy is to buy a new mill. All for the sake of a few inches of table .. .

However I shall plough on by moving the parts on the table. For most things this is fine as long as you have good edges and a dial indicator to keep things true.

Best Regards

picclock

Amadeal stock a longer table for this mill. £120 seems like a good deal c/w lead screw.
pete

Latest posts

Back