3000 rpm on a Myford lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come into this rather late but the classic answer to a Myford to run at 3000 rpm lies in the words of Kenneth C Hart who wrote under Martin Cleeve. His ML7- made from part of a new Myford- was run with two electric motors and if my ancient brain is in gear, it was Model Engineer Vol 113.

For the doubters, you can always read his Screwcutting in the Lathe where his converted machine is depicted. For those interested, the lathe height was raised 3/8th of an inch and his Glacier plain bearings stood up to the lathe being used for giving him his livelihood.

Worth a read

Norman

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. Yes please, pics would be lovely.

I have the article but have moved to Windows 10 for all sorts of reasons but I am having difficulties in downloading. Once my all consuming task of sorting out the financial turmoil following my wife's unexpected death, I might sort out my own Myford problems. Yep, in the two major storms , my workshop roof came off. Too old and too busy for such trivia.

Norman

Latest posts

Back