2D design

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding AutoCad. I note that Dave is using AC 2000 and 95. I have AC 98 and 12. AC 12 cannot be re-installed onto a new disk/computer since Autocad no longer support the package and will not provide the install key. I know 98 does not require an install key and I assume 2000 does not.
My question is:- which is the first version which requires an interaction with the AutoCad servers to install?
Thanks

Regarding AutoCad. I note that Dave is using AC 2000 and 95. I have AC 98 and 12. AC 12 cannot be re-installed onto a new disk/computer since Autocad no longer support the package and will not provide the install key. I know 98 does not require an install key and I assume 2000 does not.
My question is:- which is the first version which requires an interaction with the AutoCad servers to install?
Thanks
Not related to thread title.

Last edited:
Thanks
I do not have a copy of AC 12 but the installer I have may work if it is a 32bit all copies of AutoCad till after 2001 was a 16 bit installer and if program it a 32 bit it should work.

But for 16 bit programs I use Oracle VB box and Windows XP

Now you install all 16 bit and use your hard drive. https://www.oracle.com/in/virtualization/technologies/vm/downloads/virtualbox-downloads.html.
Use 5.1 on my Laptop Windows 11 the 6.1 works on my old Windows 10 tower

I was afraid this whole post would go down the "Rabbit hole" & totally lose sight of the MAIN subject in the TITLE of this thread. I was PISSED at first, but as more posts came in, I started paying more attention to how you users combine 2D/3D, & there have been some great examples provided. I didn't just start out in 3D like many users here..it was all just baby steps. I was totally freaked out when I went to Pro-E & found out it had no "Cross Hairs" like ACAD. How the $*%$$* am I'm supposed to use that!!! Totally different thought process. But...as I learned it, it all makes sense.

Maybe I should rename this post title as just "CAD"? I mean, I don't want to abandon it because it is very constructive.

jOhn.

Pete, if you still have the text of your message it could be moved to the 3D design thread. I still see this locating a sketch or initial line or shape in as a constraint

I did make a comment early on about it supposedly being a 2D thread but maybe it got lost in all the 3D screenshots.

Ok, I removed my 3D stuff.

Just get the moderator to delete my residual posts, and we are all good to go.

These things happen; no big deal.
Sorry about the off-topic posts.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back