1831 Articles by ETW

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmad

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Ive been looking for the original 1831 Articles by ETW as I'm thinking about building the train for my Wallaby.:wall:
If someone out there can help me out, Id be very grateful.:D
Pete
1831.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tel
Thanks for that Mate, I will post a message there and see if anyone has all the Articles. The Carby Article is the only one I do have :wall:
Pete

Last edited:
Hi Metalmad

Are you sure about the date I don't think Edgar T Westbury was even alive then but I may be completely wrong. I'm not being pedantic I Have many copies of M.E. dating from the 1940s and 50s with ETWs articles in them so I might be able to dig out some of the info you need.

I don't think I will run into copyright problems by sending them to you as this comes under educational use.

Regards Mark

1831 is the name ETW gave to this particular IC driven Loco.

Ron

Hi Mark
yes Ron is correct, the 3 and a half inch Loco was called "1831" and came out in Model Engineer in about December 1940 and continued into 41 and 42.
I would be gratefully for any help with this Guys as this stuff is getting hard to find :)
so far I have a few scatted articles but only a few.
Pete :)
TheWallaby-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks fellas

My mistake I thought it was a bit odd, not only was ETW not around then but, on thinking about it, nor was the internal combustion engine.

I will have a delve into my old M.E.s and see what I can dig out

Regards Mark

Latest posts

Back