17th Annual NEMES Model Engineering Show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vascon2196

Reaction score
17th Annual NEMES Model Engineering Show
February 16th, 2013
10AM to 4PM
Charles River Museum of Industry
Waltham, Massachusetts

Hope to see you there!

The NEMES show was a lot of fun this year...it was only my third year attending but I still consider myself a "newbie", building my first model engine in 2008.

I did not get a chance to take any pictures or videos but I know many people did...

For those of you that did take footage I would love to see the pictures and videos....a link to them would be great and I'm sure others would appreciate them as well!

See you next year!

Chris Vasconcelos

I am sure our club webmaster will have some photos up soon on the club site, neme-s.org one of the members has put up some already at http://www.dickkoolish.com/rmk_page/pictures_021613.html

It was a good show, an interesting variety of exhibits. When I started the club I was interested in the broadest range of mechanical activities, not just the standard model engineer stuff. One exhibit this year was 2/5 scale automatic pinsetter (remember 10 pin bowling?). We also had a reccumbent bike, a few cannons, and lots of great model engines.

Hey guys, new to the forum, so hope this is an all-right place to ask... But does any one know of any other New England shows that will be going on?

On a side note would have loved to made it too the show, but having only found this site 2 days ago, and of course having nothing to do yesterday, meant I didn't go:wall:

The American Precision Museum in Windsor Vt holds an annual show in October. It was always at the end of the month, but last year they moved it to the beginning and got messed up with prime leaf-peeper season. I have not heard when they will hold it this year. It is a Saturday only show for models.

There are no other model only shows, but there are dozens of outdoor engine shows through the warm season in all the states. Most of these usually have a few modelers. The New England Museum of Wireless and Steam in RI has a major show in october with a big area for steam models.

The Owls Head Transportation Museum in Maine holds a model show the last weekend in March. We usually get a few model engine guys there, but the show covers all forms of models, airplanes, cars, boats, scale, R/C, and last year even some 'miniaturists' which were actually dollhouse builders.

NEMES is of course a club, with monthly meetings. See the club web-site for info neme-s.org

I am sure our club webmaster will have some photos up soon on the club site, neme-s.org one of the members has put up some already at http://www.dickkoolish.com/rmk_page/pictures_021613.html

It was a good show, an interesting variety of exhibits. When I started the club I was interested in the broadest range of mechanical activities, not just the standard model engineer stuff. One exhibit this year was 2/5 scale automatic pinsetter (remember 10 pin bowling?). We also had a reccumbent bike, a few cannons, and lots of great model engines.

Thanks for sharing this link Ron...

I took a few pictures at the NEMES show. And it was a really great show. The first such show I have attended in 30+ years.
Here are a few pictures, mostly of stuff I am interested in (of course.):

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist...ent.php?attachmentid=60414&stc=1&d=1361148099

It was also great meeting some of the other forum members there.

Looking forward to the next show.

John

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0352.jpg

Yup great show just got home . had to shovel out a bit this morning.
Tin

Back