Yet another Rocker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Sorry if I get the Rocker Bug started again but Zeeprogrammer (AKA Carl) is at fault for showing me his. I built it today from the autocad drawings I did on Friday night. I will get a video of if running soon. I saw one of these here and built it with the fins. Sorry to who built the first one like this but I like the look.

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

Ah hahahahahahahaha.
Ah hahahahahahahaha.
Got ya then. Rocker-itis strikes again. :big:

Did you turn that crankshaft pin? It looks like brass and the end is rounded.
Very nice.

I like the overall shape and the display stand.

However, I'm getting dumber and dumber the more I learn. :big:
Where the devil is the valving? How does that puppy 'exhaust' the steam?

Awaiting the "doh!" moment of explaining the obvious to everyone but me,
Kermit :-[

Hello!!!!!! Rocker!!!!! It has a thin piston that "rocks" open at the bottom of the stroke :big: :big:

Good going dreeves Thm: ;D - I think you might have been inspired by Dean's one ;D

Rof} Rof} Same time of the year for "rockeritus". Z's in big trouble now - propagating a bug like this!

( :-[ I caught it TWICE last year :big: )

Kind regards, Arnold

Thanks and sorry to everone.

Zee the cranks pin was cut to length and put in a collet and I rounded over the outer edge and used lock tight on the other side.

Looks nice dreeves.

I have been able to resist so far although I did model one in the computer.

I showed it to my buddy at work and he made one, so i guess I helped spread some of the infection. ;)

Thank you Robert!

That helps my understanding, but not my pride. :big:

My experience with these engines is that they run better the looser they get. I can easily run mine on lung power.

Since the neighborhood kids were so excited when I showed them, I decided to make some cheap knock-offs for them to play with.
I'm using PVC for the body. I'm making them in a kind of assembly line fashion, not fitting everything like I normally do. I'll post some pics when i finish the lot.

Back