X2 power feed. opinion needed.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent many, many hundreds of dollars with LMS and have never been disappointed with a purchase. Chris is "A Number One" in my book! ;D As for the connector, I built the same one for my home brew x2 power feed and it works perfectly. From the pic of the power feed unit you linked to it appears that it comes with a connector of the same design.

I bought my mill off of micro-mark. However the power feed is the same unit you have shown. I found it easy to install and well worth putting on. I do have two bad shoulders so a lot of cranking I can't do. Never have had any trouble with it. Over all I am well pleased with it.

Thanks guys, that's all i needed was a positive opinion. I to love LMS to so its a done deal..

C.BRAXMAIER said:
I am thinking about getting the power feed kit from LMS, does any one have this and could you let me know thr pro's and cons about this unit thanks for your time.....

http://littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=2376&category=2

im also looking into the clutch connector.

http://littlemachineshop.com/Projects/PowerFeedClutch.php

Hi,

I have the same problem as you plus aching joints and muscles. A while ago I decided to motorise my X1 mill but went the whole way for CNC . I did every thing myself as there are no kits available in the UK, as far as I know, and importing them from the US would have cost me an arm and a leg. It was a lenghty process as I am not a machininst and it cost a bit but once the whole thing was done I had three axis motor driven mill and CNC as a bonus, I was also quite proud of myself to be honest.
Good luck with your purchase.

Regards,

A.G

lensman57 said:
bit but once the whole thing was done I had three axis motor driven mill and CNC as a bonus, I was also quite proud of myself to be honest.
Good luck with your purchase.

Regards,

A.G

How about some pictures and maybe a short demo video of how it looks and works??? ;D

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Considering I used to do photography for a living (supplemental of course) I am quite lazy in taking photographs these days, I shall do my best to come out with something this weekend.

Thanks for asking,

Regards,

A.G

I built my own power feed for my X2 using a 12V power window motor and a PWM variable speed motor contoller, so I cant comment on the LMS kit.

But I will say that I do love the power feed. It gives a much nicer finish on your work, especially on flycutting. I usually do the last pass ultra slow and it produces a nice uniform pattern that is impossible to get by hand.

I really need to build some type of dog clutch to easily disengage it, Right now the drive in via a set screw onto the motor shaft. Flipping a lever would be much more elegant than just loosening the setcrew.

Latest posts

Back