Work Bench Addition

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfellows

Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Even though I keep my shop pretty clean, my work bench is always cluttered. I just can't seem to keep it clear. So, today I built a little addition.

fcc90de4.jpg

This little work surface is above everything else and has room under it for a draw insert I bought from harbor freight. I plan to put an edging around the work surface to keep small parts from rolling off. Now if I can just keep this part cleared of clutter...

Chuck

Good Idea, to bad my work bench is already 52+ inches tall....

Nice addition Chuck, I do like the parts Ben. But if you are like me it will get cluttered also. I will have to make one also such a good idea. I think I would make it just a portable drawer with a top for assembling and then you can store it away when not using it.

Don

Chuck, the addition looks good

Chuck, the addition looks good as well as the drawers that hold small parts. I can identify with losing small parts.

I have a saying that I run through my mind when I drop a small part or screw, "Matilda, Matilda, ...... Matilda, she takes me money and she runs, Venezuela". (Just the lyrics from a song, that is all).

I don't know why small parts want to run and hide from us.

Again, nice looking shop!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck that is a good idea, cause when the hit the floor that either role under the work bench or just vanish, I end up putting to much on the work bench, going to deal with my self someday if I don't get in line, love that little engine, going to be excited when I hear it running, thanks for the learning time, Lathe Nut

Chuck, Great looking addition, I sure my work surface looked that good. larry

Back