Winter Project . . .

Discussion in 'A Work In Progress' started by Foozer, Nov 7, 2017.

Help Support HMEM by donating using the link above.
  1. Nov 7, 2017 #1

Foozer

Foozer

Foozer

An attempt at a desktop 3-axis to be GRBl controlled ... or an epic failure in the making. Time will tell. A 12" x 20" footprint shooting for an 8 x 12 or so work area. Bunch of 1/2" x 3" bar stock, some 1/4 " angle stock, lots of 1/4 shoulder bolts set in .247 holes. Base assembled, slide rails tentatively installed, little tap here and there and best as I can measure they are square +/- .001. At least the slide moves, no noticeable binding with 'Pinky' (technical term) pressure.

DSCF0221.JPG

2. Mar 18, 2018 #2

Foozer

Foozer

Foozer

Still goofing with the Gizmo. Just a matter of adding more metal, setting a tolerance that keeps me from chasing my own tail seems to be around 0.003 thou. Figure 3 tho over 12 inches is as good as I can do, so got the bed level within that and moved on to the next thing, the upper. A little of this and some of that ends up with the lower slide rail being about .002 off with the bed. So with that, time to make the shims for 'tween the rail and mounting brackets. Cumulative error? Will deal with that after the Z-Axis assembly gets put together. End of the day it's just a putt putt.
    One of these days I need to get a better camera . .

DSCF0275 - Copy.JPG

Buchanan likes this.