Why doesn't the preview button work

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWHART

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
When I make a post on the forum and try to Preview it nothing happens, I've let it think about it for five minutes, is the fact my posts tend to be heavy with pics gumming up the works ???

Stew

PS tried it with this short post Nothing ??? ??? ???

Stew

Glad you posted this since I thought it was a problem on my set up. So it happens to more than one?

Machines are not perfect.

Computer software is even worse!

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are doing the best we can.

Rick

Hi Rick

Sorry to be a pain, but I was thinking it was my system

Thanks

Stew

Not a complaint, like Stew I thought it was my end. You do a great job, you really do. This site is invaluable and we don't always say it. MM

As has been said it's a software glitch lads, our back-room boys are the best in the business :bow: just give them a little time please 8)

CC

Working great now chaps

Thanks

Stew

Is it just me .......... or has the "Preview" function gone "Walkabout" again :eek:

CC

Thanks DIY_M good to hear it's not just me :eek:

Sorry to hear about your problem but glad you are OK, and it's good that your sticking around 8)

CC

Haven't tried mine lately as they didn't work when I came onto this site but after my innocent enquiry about the 'chat room' I was afraid to ask!
Brian
Cheers,

P.S. Mods and back room boys do a great job - no probs with the people just the software.

ChooChooMike said:
Preview and Quote buttons still not working from my end :(

Mike, the "Quote" function works fine for me, but the preview button is having a bad day again :(

please try the "quote" again and shout up if you still have problems.

Thanks

CC

CC - the Quote button is still not working on my setup (Firefox w/lots of extensions). It used to work just fine. It gets stuck with the green Loadin... bar across the top of the web page. e.g. as I'm typing this.....

And the Preview button hangs with "Fetching preview..." in the Preview post box. Been like this for at least the last month or more.

Mike

I have been looking into this Preview Button issue.
There are a lot of other sites having the same problem
with the SMF software and all for different reasons.
:noidea:

Rick

Rick,

Using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP Home. "Quote" botton works, "Preview" dose not.

Just thought I'd let you know. I know your looking into.

Bernd

I blame all those little thingies that live in cyberspace that just love stuffing up our nice internet.
Cheers,
Brian

Hi folks,
I was lurking around trying to find out the problem with preview. I didn't find a fix, but I did come across a work-around.

If you hold the ctrl button down while clicking on the Preview button it works. It seems to be a bug in the javascript.

Alternatively, you can disable javascript and it will work.

Hope this helps. And I hope SMF fixes it in the next release.

Kevin

thanks for your efforts Kevin and Rick
also thanks for the info.
Tin

Back