who sells this?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchg07261995

Reaction score
I have been looking to get a small lathe for a little while now and think I have found one, I am not looking to make anything to big, maybe finish some more parts for my micro hosc or make some pens, mostly just small simple projects. But any way I found on the internet a 4x5 metal lathe that is basically a shrunken down version of the 7x10 lathe that harbor freight offers. As I am just under the age of 18, still living in my parents basement and have not job. I do not have much cash coming in maybe a $100 per month if that. Can any one tell me who sells the 4x5 lathe? this would be perfect for me because I cannot use very much space as the garage is packed full of cars, bicycles my dirt bike and other stuff for the lawn.
thanks
here is a link to the video I found of the lathe in action
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohVbuyrQ8A[/ame]

Last edited:
It is a Sieg C0
Seems LMS and Harbour Freight used to sell them but not anymore. They were apparently $75 when Harbour Freight were clearing stock!
Should be able to find it with a search for Seig C0 or C0 lathe or Micro-lathe

$75 where the heck was I ?!?!?!?!
Ill search for C0 lathes tomorrow, getting late here and i have school tomorrow
Thanks a bunch ///

There's always miniature lathes like this one!

cheers, Ian

Manson Lathe 04.jpg

Manson Lathe Ad.jpg

Awesome little lathes huh?
I would love to get one for the advertised $60.75!
They do crop up for sale on the rare occasion, but they are pretty pricey ($600 - $800 on ebay) for what is essentially a display piece.

l like the tiny Manson lathe its so cool. Little out of my price range though lol

I know you have to be very careful buying off Ebay but sometimes you are lucky.
Any model engineering clubs nearby they can sometimes have members machines for sale.

Paul

Mitch,

Can you add your location to your profile: Then we will know where you are and be able to help you better.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the TAIG lathe. If you buy the bare-bones kit and find your own motor it could be an option.

It looks like you could add to it piecemeal: Parts and accessories don't seem too expensive.

http://www.taigtools.com

I have seen them on ebay with motor for $100.00.

I don't have one, but have considered getting one for making very small parts. It won't thread, but I don't think the CO will either.

--ShopShoe

Watching that video, I was holding my breath waiting for the jaws to fly out of the chuck and smash something.:fan:

Roy.

Mitch,

Can you add your location to your profile: Then we will know where you are and be able to help you better.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the TAIG lathe. If you buy the bare-bones kit and find your own motor it could be an option.

It looks like you could add to it piecemeal: Parts and accessories don't seem too expensive.

http://www.taigtools.com

I have seen them on ebay with motor for $100.00.

I don't have one, but have considered getting one for making very small parts. It won't thread, but I don't think the CO will either.

--ShopShoe

Ill go edit my profile right now, anyway I am in Lakewood Colorado
I have been looking at the teig lathes as well

Watching that video, I was holding my breath waiting for the jaws to fly out of the chuck and smash something.:fan:

Roy.

I was waiting for the same thing lol, why have them extended that far out without no metal in the chuck???

Latest posts

Back