What size triangular inserts?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrickman

Reaction score
So I picked up a set of those 3/8 insert lathe tool holders. You know the set of 5 from the Far East . What size inserts are they? Does anyone sell replacements? They actually work pretty good for small stuff. I think they may have a TPGH prefix with a 220-222 suffix for the radius of the insert. Any of the hobby suppliers have them? I went through the MSC pages to get these numbers... I believe the IC is 0.25". Any suggestions?

I have a slightly smaller version of the same thing and I got replacement inserts from Wholesale Tool. They have a very good selection.

try enco they tend to be less expensive than msc.
Tin

So I picked up a set of those 3/8 insert lathe tool holders. You know the set of 5 from the Far East . What size inserts are they? Does anyone sell replacements? They actually work pretty good for small stuff. I think they may have a TPGH prefix with a 220-222 suffix for the radius of the insert. Any of the hobby suppliers have them? I went through the MSC pages to get these numbers... I believe the IC is 0.25". Any suggestions?

T=Triangle
P=Clearance 11°
G=Tolerance +/- .0010
H=Geometry a hole with one countersink
200=Size 1/4”
020=Thickness 1/8”
002=Corner radius 1/32” a 001 would be 1/64"

Tim

View attachment insertnomenclature.pdf

Latest posts

Back