What is this engine worth?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90LX_Notch

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
HMEM members,

I recently purchased a bunch of tooling from a gentleman and was explaining that I build model engines. He showed me a flame licker that his wife's stepdad's company produced. After I saw it, I told him it could be worth something. It was patented in 1911 and was produced by the Holm Scale Company. To quote the gentleman: "As part of the business through out the years these were sold to school science teachers/departments to show an example of the concept."

Does anyone know what it could be worth? Or, can someone point in the right direction to findout? I don't believe he wants to sell it. He is just trying to get an idea of it's value.

Thanks for any help,
Bob

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

I don't think you can put a price on it. Anything mentioned will only be a guesstimate

It will raise only as much as what someone is willing to pay for it.

I had a dealer friend down and he saw my mine engine and said that he would value it at around 800 squid. But he said, someone else could easily double that.

With new or newish commercial engines, you can get a ballpark, but with old engines, as I said above.

Bogs

Bogs thanks for responding.

I don't know anything about the collecting side of model engines. (I just build them for my enjoyment.) I was hoping that someone here might be a collector and give a ballpark idea of it's value. Being that it was a commercially produced engine and not a fabricated one I thought it might have a collector value to it.

Bob

Back