Webster Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simister

John
Reaction score
I am in the process of sourcing the parts required to build the Webster Engine. I have tracked most of the parts through W.M. Berg and have sent them an email to check if they ship to Australia.

I have also found the points and condenser on the Napa Autoparts Website. They are for the 1969 Dodge Charger but I am not sure if they are w/single point dist. as specified. I have the part numbers if someone can confirm that they are the correct parts please.

Condenser MPE AL869SB

Contact Set Points MPE CS851SB

These are the part numbers off the Napa Webiste.

Here are the links to the parts.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...Contact-Set-Points-/_/R-MPECS851SB_0092447824

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...stributor-Condenser/_/R-MPEAL869SB_0359811797

Thanks John

Hi John,
Welcome to Webster Engine Crowd. Same engine is very forgiving to machine and build.
Are you planning to buy the piston rings or DIY same? We DIY piston rings for the Nemett-Lynx Engine. Paul Swifty has just completed his engine and Gus is lagging behind due to time spent on picking up the cam milling art or rather black magic art. Cams done today with advice and support from Paul. Will be following your ''Webster'' thread.

Hi John
I’m just in the process of finishing my (well my version) water cooled Webster as my first IC project, and I can tell you this is a VERY forgiving engine.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=23224
As far as the exact model numbers for the points and condenser I can’t really help I just went to Part Source and asked got the cheapest ones they had. Rof}
One thing I will recommend is to use the Chuck Fellows carburetor. It’s super easy to build (only 3 parts to make) and my Webster runs like a dream with it. You can get the plans in the download area.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/downloads/updated-simple-carburetor-design-295.html

Reactions: gus
Thanks guys for your advice. I was going to purchase the rings. You have done a very nice job with your engine. All understood in regard points and condenser. I will just buy the basic single points and condenser here in Australia. Thanks for the tip on the carby. John

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Webster using the minimag magneto that I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9ivpUR0T8&list=UUbmnXOvtxx1wUp4fFjFLsfA

No batteries etc to worry about, just run it.

Hi Blogwitch.
My Webster ran with HT Coil and Contact Points. No experience using Magnetos.
Have seen the WW-2 ex-British Army surplus ''Matchless Bikes'' run with Magnetos. Just for fun will retrofit Webster to run with MiniMag Magneto so as to do away with batteries. The Nemett-Lynx Engine will run with electronic ignition as planned.
Your engine ran beautifully with a slow ldle but steady beat whereas mine just manage to start and run like a ''ramshackle car''.:hDe:

I have the boxes my points and condenser came in from Partsource, manufactured by a company called BWD. Can't remember which parts came in which box, but one box has numbers 018-4126-8 A110P and the other box has numbers 018-1555-4 G120P -----Brian

I have the boxes my points and condenser came in from Partsource, manufactured by a company called BWD. Can't remember which parts came in which box, but one box has numbers 018-4126-8 A110P and the other box has numbers 018-1555-4 G120P -----Brian

Brian those must have been the cheapest ones they had in shock the day I went in.Thm:
018-4126-8 A110P are the points, 018-1555-4 G120P is the condenser.
I wrote it on the boxes for future reference.

Good luck on your build I finished my webster back in February it runs a treat.
I got my condenser and points of eBay cheapest I could find

Thanks Zebdog,

I am looking forward to starting my first IC engine. Just finishing a stuart engine and then I will make a start.

John

Could you be so kind as to direct me to the link in the download section for Chuck Fellows carburator. I am apparently looking right past it or am just blind.
Thank you in advance.

Greg Knipp

When searching for information in this or any forum, it is often best to use google like this:

enter this in the search box:

cfellows carb site:homemodelenginemachinist.com

Adjust the site name and search text for other forums.

This will find you the carb.

Could you be so kind as to direct me to the link in the download section for Chuck Fellows carburetor. I am apparently looking right past it or am just blind.
Thank you in advance.

Greg Knipp

No worries Greg. I just had a look and you probably couldn’t find it because it’s under “Simple Carburetor Design”. Brian Rupnow sent me a set that are more detailed. If you PM him your e-mail address he’ll probably send you a copy. If I remember right his daughter is getting married this week so you just might not get an immediate response.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/downloads/files/carburetor-fellows-328.pdf

Does anyone know if Otto Piston Rings is still operating? I have sent them a few emails to order
Some rings for the Webster but had no replies.
John

Does anyone know if Otto Piston Rings is still operating? I have sent them a few emails to order
Some rings for the Webster but had no replies.
John

Hi John,

There is last backup. You could DIY your own C.I. Piston Rings.Paul Swifty,Gus and a few more members done it and equally good.
Paul and Gus made the rings for the Nemett-Lynx Engine. A very simple heat treatment fixture required. Piston Ring and cam cutting now no longer '' Black
Magic Art'' . Visit Paul's Thread on the Nemett-Lynx Engine for details.
See Paul's engine running beautifully. My engine is lagging behind.

Thanks guys. I finally got onto David at Otto Piston Rings. However, it would certainly be a great advantage to make them myself. I will have a look at the thread.

John

Latest posts

Back