Wallaby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or that Southwark!!!!!! Do your lot still make that muck? :(

My fridge? I've given some subtle hints in the past

tel said:
Or that Southwark!!!!!! Do your lot still make that muck? :(

Gotta agree with that..............known locally as Green Death.

Best Regards
Bob

I first (and last) tasted that on 24/3/1986 and the memory is still too horribly fresh!

Sorry Pete - We now return you to your regular programme!

No worries guys
I got some time to have another go at her today and made up a adaptor to use a RC Carby untill I get the Engine sorted a bit more.
She seemed to run ok with out any tuning but by the time I got the Camara she blew the guts of one of my spark plugs clean out, Once I realised why she was running so rough I shut her down.
I guess a redesign of how I make my spark plugs is the next step.
Just for a laugh here is the Video, if you look close you can see half of the number two plug on the bench.
Pete

DSCN0182.jpg

Well done Pete sounds great. Its a runner in my book.
Brock

Thanks Brock
I admit its getting better every time I run her but I want to sort the plugs and carby out before I call it.
Once Ive got a few more things sorted I can tune her as well.
Pete

;D Nice going mate. Is that insulator threaded into the plug body? Can't see any threads on it from here!

Hi Tel
Thanks Buddy
I just pressed in the insulators with some locktight but its obvious now in hindsight, I need to thread them in ;D
Pete

Can't get the video to work Pete, it just says 'The action that you were trying to perform has failed' when I go to the photobucket site.

Maybe you should remake the plugs so that the insert is fed from the bottom and have a stop flange on the insulator to take the pressure of firing.

John

Hi john
I think Photobucket must be down for maintenance buddy cos it wont work for me now either, but your not missing much Mate, it was running like a hairy goat :big:
I just put it up for a bit of fun and to show why I need to remake the plugs.
I think I will try your idea out :idea:
Pete

Stick with it mate, your almost there!

I can't get to the video either.....but if it's running on 1 cylinder ....you've got her licked!
:bow:

UPDATE: The "bucket" is working....That engine has a exhaust note that says "Put me to work doamn it!"....and that's only on one cylinder......seems hairy goats means business downunder!

Dave

Hi Dave
she was running on two before the plug blew out so its getting closer,
Thanks John
once ive made some new plugs, I want to experiment with different ignition timing settings as im starting to get the idea the Wallaby distributer acts as a spark enhancer and may retard the timing from its static set up point.
If im right she is probably firing after TDC at the moment.
Pete

Oh man the juices are flowing now! Gotta order up the pump gears!

Dave

Sounds Good even on 1 Cyl. Way to go!! Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm:

Ron

Way to go Pete. :bow:

Even if its on one cylinder its making a noise. At least you know what needs to be fixed. Keep it up.

Vince

Thanks guys
I got into the shed again today and did another short run, I still have not tuned her, but Ive put it up for a bit of a laugh.
During the movie one of the plug leads falls off and I tried to put it back on. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this :big: :big:
I think its time for coolent now so i can do some longer runs. OH and plug caps ;D
Pete

Years ago, I knew someone that war playing with HT leads on a car and when they got bitten their hand went into the radiator fan for good measure :big:

Engine sounds good, look forward to some more.

Jan

;D Was that the little war whoop at the end? Nice going mah man - I'm still trying to get the Kerzel to go - got nearly two mins today!

metalmad said:
Thanks guys.
At the end of the movie one of the plug leads falls off and I tried to put it back on. Please tell me im not the only one who has done this :
Pete

No, your not...................It was a dark and stormy night, just the night for a spot of crab pot raiding. On returning to the jetty, with not a crab in sight, the cry went up, "Stop the engine Bob." I duly reached in to the small half cabin to shut off the fuel, when bugger me my soaking wet oil skin sleeve hooked up to the spark plug. Needless to say, I never got near the carby as I was too busy doing the fandango in very cramped conditions. The close confines of my position were immediately eased as we passed under the jetty at a steady 6 knots and the cabin was removed from the boat. To add insult to injury as we climbed up the creek bank and came to a sudden stop we were just in time to see the cabin complete its' final swing in the breeze before heading smartly to the bottom of the creek.

I think you got off lightly ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back