Upshur Engine #1 of 5. Water cooled version, hit-n miss

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
I had problems with my camera shutting down after a certain amount of time. Fortunately I was able to make two short videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEFo7I5Me1o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xbh6OGyD3o[/ame]

-MB

At a boy!!! carefull you don't get carbon monoxide poisoning there in the basement. :big:

Smooth starter, Looks like they shake around a bit when firing....Cool Man Thm:

Matt

Very nice!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Sure starts nice! :bow:

very nice runner :bow:
Hope mine will once I finish it
Pete

Looks like you have got yourself a nice little engine there Metal Butcher. Looks good and sure appears to be easy starting. Hope the rest all work out as good for you when you go to fire them up. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Runnin' good. Nice pop when it hits. Thm:

Rudy

Hi MB
Wow the ease of starting blows me away
as does your fantastic workmanship
Pete

Hello MB,

Great job and looking forward to the video with all the Upshurs' running at one time! Thanks for a great build series - it will be an enormous help on my build.

Best,
Mike

AWESOME!!!!

Beautiful engine with a great finish and even a bit of brown stuff as the base!

Great runner and easy starter!
Love the sound of those engines.

Andrew

hi mb, nice job and a good runner. hope me jerry howell farmboy runs as good. nice build post , fun to follow. again nice job jonesiejavascript:void(0);

:bow: Very well done indeed MB - Congratulations!

Kind regards, Arnold

You gotta be pleased with that! Turned out perfect, both in looks and running. Couldn't be any better.

Chuck

Hi MB,

a really perfectly running engine. There I become really envious.
Now only the suitable impulse model is absent in addition. A washing machine, for example.

Edwin

Great engine MB.
Thm: Thm:
Gail in NM

Rick---I love the nice loud THUMP when your engine fires. My Kerzel doesn't do that. In fact, its so quiet when its running that I drilled the center out of my "muffler" hoping to get a more distinct sound when it fires----Didn't make any difference!!! My exhaust exits the head on the underside of the head, down towards the table. I may have to change that and put a vertical exhaust stack on it just to hear that noise.----Brian

Brian Rupnow said:
Rick---I love the nice loud THUMP when your engine fires. My Kerzel doesn't do that. In fact, its so quiet when its running that I drilled the center out of my "muffler" hoping to get a more distinct sound when it fires----Didn't make any difference!!! My exhaust exits the head on the underside of the head, down towards the table. I may have to change that and put a vertical exhaust stack on it just to hear that noise.----Brian

Brian, you could try a strait pipe (no muffler), drill it with the original bore size, and bore out the end (exit) with a tapered end mill. Kind of like a trumpet. Mine sounds about the same with or without the muffler. You want to hear somthing loud? George's V-twin sound like a full size engine with no muffler. It's so loud I had to step back, and I felt like running out of the open garage!

Quiet is good too. Has Chuck corrupted you? :big:

-MB

I was corrupted many years before I ever heard of chuck. ;D ;D I have a second thought about a vertical exhaust stack. I am running mixed fuel, and it leaves an oil puddle under the exhaust. Maybe a good idea not to change that------Brian

Latest posts

Back