Tutorial: stainless steel 4 cylinder exhaust pipe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve, I have been sending the fellows a PDF file of the tubing bender. If you would like one send me an email ([email protected]) and I will get one out to you. The header on my four cylinder engine is stainless. I used silver solder on it because with the heat of the exhaust it would melt most soft solders.
George

gbritnell said:
Hi Steve, I have been sending the fellows a PDF file of the tubing bender. If you would like one send me an email ([email protected]) and I will get one out to you. The header on my four cylinder engine is stainless. I used silver solder on it because with the heat of the exhaust it would melt most soft solders.
George

Some manufactures like to call there lead free, "silver" solder. Did you get it at a plumbing supply? Lowes? Welding supply?

I had no idea stainless could be soldered!

Hi Steve, this is actually silver braze. Sometimes the two types get confused. Mine is about 40% silver bearing. They make a cadmium free type also.
George

Wow. This thread went from "Gosh that's a neat little bender" to "WOW, that's a cool model and I love seeing model headers being made!"

Thanks for sharing it!

Best,

BW

Hi Hedgehog, sorry for the late reply but I figured everyone had seen the video at one time or another. For those who haven't, here it is again, with the new header.
gbritnell
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkkPPTakc3s[/ame]

Hey very nice bender can you please sent me the drawings of the bender

Latest posts

Back