TB2 - Modifications to the build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oilite bushings are porous and impregnated with oil. There is no need to drill through them for oil. If you drill up to them, light oil will be absorbed by them if necessary, but generally they have a service life of several years of continuous service with out requiring any additional oil.
Gail in NM,USA

Personally, I'd pass on the oilite bushings. If the group wants 'em, I'll build 'em, but they don't do much for me. It's an extra complication is all.

Cheers,

BW

I think Bob is right. This thing is so small it will probably never get wore out. Especially with the oil cups:eek:)

Wes

For the cam ring, I like them both! Can I get anodized on one side and polished on the other?? Just kidding. My vote goes for the black lettering.

Early on lengthening the small bearing shaft was mentioned as a possible mod, so the flywheel could be moved outside the bearing. Is that still a go?

ksouers said:
For the cam ring, I like them both! Can I get anodized on one side and polished on the other?? Just kidding. My vote goes for the black lettering.

Early on lengthening the small bearing shaft was mentioned as a possible mod, so the flywheel could be moved outside the bearing. Is that still a go?

Yup

Lets not forget that is we choose to move the flywheel outside we need to have a spacer inside the bearing blocks to keep the valve body located.
Dick

Or the base could change to accommodate that. This is why I was thinking we should pull all the ideas together and have someone cadualate (my term) them up for review.

Brian

te_gui said:
Or the base could change to accommodate that. This is why I was thinking we should pull all the ideas together and have someone cadualate (my term) them up for review.

Brian
Hit the nail on the head there. I highly recommend going this route.
Tim

Dick L. said:
Lets not forget that is we choose to move the flywheel outside we need to have a spacer inside the bearing blocks to keep the valve body located.
Dick

One step ahead Dick. I added that to the list of mods in my first post yesterday ;)

Eric

UHH, Well. Sure. As long as no one needs to start this weekend :) I am slammed with work in the home shop and at work. If you or someone could compile me a nice list of modifications and PM them to me I should be able to get new drawings made up no problem. You could post the list and let everyone else verify what we are shooting for before I start.
Tim

Dick L. said:
Just saw this link Wes posted in another thread .

http://cedesign.net/steam/coomber.htm

What do the rest of you think of re styling the bearings a bit so they aren't so plain and square. I was thinking something like on this link. Especially if the flywheel is moved outside. Your thoughts?
Dick

Dick the guy that owns that web site is a senile old buzzard!
We call him Steve. ;)

I'm not a participant in the build, but I like the idea!

Rick

rake60 said:
Dick the guy that owns that web site is a senile old buzzard!
We call him Steve. ;)

I gotta take this from a guy who proudly lives in a town that annually celebrates over sized rodents?.... Sheeeeesh!!!. uh.... forgot what else I was gonna say. ::)

Steve

Hi Steve, What a great engine you have there! I really like the brass inlays and contouring, right down to the wood lagged cylinder. Thanks for sharing that! I know we're just starting out with the Team Builds and not everyone can't participate all the time, but it would be great if at some point we can get to that level of BLING ;D.
Dick

Thanks Dick, but I'm not the one to credit on that one. It was an engine I got in trade from a recently joined member of the board. He bout it on Ebay from the guy who did the CNC work that made all those e curves and inlays possible. I just managed to get a good deal.

Steve

Cedge said:
I gotta take this from a guy who proudly lives in a town that annually celebrates over sized rodents?.... Sheeeeesh!!!. uh.... forgot what else I was gonna say. ::)

Steve

LOL
Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist!
Perhaps it the senility of living so close to a groundhog showing. ???

Rick

Latest posts

Back