• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Supplier wanted of Involute gear cutters in the UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Mickey

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been asked to do a little job for someone who wants a couple of gears making. However I am having a problem finding a supplier of an involute gear cutter 0.75 module and 15 teeth or 34DP 15 teeth.

The only ones I have found so far are really silly prices and the usual suppliers such as RDG, Chronos etc. haven't got the sizes. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The gears are 1/2" (12.7mm) and 15 teeth. If I have worked it out correctly then the sizes above should be right.

Fingers crossed for your help...

Metal Mickey

Hello John, yes they are just up the road from me and the first port of call. They also have just had a large batch of new cutters in. None of which match either 0.75 mod or 34DP! Just my luck (or rather the chap I am trying to help) I may have to consider grinding a tool to shape but prefer to have a proper cutter.

Mike

Latest posts

Back