Super Constellation wreck Kuwait

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motmaluk

Reaction score
Bit off topic but I am in Kuwait far away from my workshop,here is a wrecked Super constellation out in the desert. Thought you might be interested.It has the "power recovery engines" known as "turbo" now. I will post a couple of pics,if you want more I will gladly post them.Had to brave snakes,scorpions,lizards and mine fields to get these pics.

wreck Kuwait desert 011.jpg

wreck Kuwait desert 023.jpg

wreck Kuwait desert 014.jpg

Sounds like a hostile place. Thanks for the pics

Wow! Got any calipers there? Was just thinking you could draw us up a scaled model version! :D

Do you think the post office will deliver it if I send you lots of stamps :D. Thanks for the pictures. Be safe over there

Dave

Dave, when you get it out of your mailbox, can I have one of those
big round things in the second photo?
let me know how many stamps you need to send it,
Oh, and could you debug it please.

;D;D

Dave

[HUMOR]Come on, harden up a little. We have to sweep snakes, spiders, lizards & scorpions off the back door all the time, and the dog lays land mines on the back lawn, that have to be cleared each day as well. LoL ;)[/HUMOR]
Sounds like quite an interesting trek, did you have any particular reason for doing it? Maybe wanting to copy the engine, or just because it was there?

Eddie

i would totally bring a wrench and start disassembly.

and take a backpack.

One of those jugs would make an amazing paperweight...

Wow, nice bit of gear. And well preserved out there in the dry desert. You should be able to bolt the remnants together and fly it home, like they did in that movie. (Flight of the Phoenix?) It was a model aircraft maker among the survivors who knew how to do that.

Sadly some ********! cut off the props with a torch so no complete crankshafts. I might take off a magneto next time I am there as a souvenir. The rudder pedals are still there so Mr Hacksaw might be getting some exercise too.

wreck Kuwait desert 021.jpg

wreck Kuwait desert 017.jpg

It doesnt look so bad, a couple pop rivits, hose clamps, and a couple rolls of duct tape and I bet I can get her flying home...;)

You may ship one to Belgium for me please.

Latest posts

Back