Strap Clamp sets

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bb218

Reaction score
I am wanting to purchase a small 1/4 " set of strap clamps and the Studs. Does anyone know where I can purchase these ?:wall:

Probably not what you want to hear, :eek: but I would make what you need. Get some good all thread ( B7 Grade @ McMaster ) for your studs and maybe some 01 flat ground stock for your clamps. Tee nuts come in many sizes so you may luck out there.

Brian

bb218,

Where in the world are you? It would be helpful if you had your location showing in your profile.

I an only offer the general information that most of the larger suppliers to the trade have lots of hold-down hardware.

Sherline and Taig have hold-down hardware for their small machines which might be useful. 10-32 fasteners, though.

Making clamping hardware is not too hard. I've made several small clamping pieces using 1/4-20 fasteners. I used pieces of 3/4 x 1/4 steel bar cut to length and machined as clamp bars to fit the application. If you are metric, them maybe 6mm or 8mm fasteners.

Have fun,

--ShopShoe

Blogwitch, Strap clamps may be a US term, ShopShoe, I am from Southern Indiana in the US I will check my profile an see it I can get it corrected. Swifty, the clamps you show are what I am looking for but I have a hole plate tapped 1/4 20 that I will be using instead of Tee slots.

Thanks everyone for the response, Bobm985, I will check out the Carr Lane clamps. Mike

Capture.JPG

Hi Mike, I bought some clamps and tapped a plate M8 to suit, I mainly use them on my rotary table. They are great to use, I might buy a couple of sets with M6 rods as well.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back