Still looking for steam/gas tractor drawings

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMaie

Reaction score
I'm still looking for blueprints of steam and prairie tractors. I just want the blueprints, newwestlivesteam.com does have good stuff but he won't sell the drawings without the castings, which means I have to spend $4,000, and I don't have that kind of money.

I have a set of drawings that I drew up for a 1" Russell traction engine. They are complete and done in Autocad. I'm attaching a sheet so you can see the quality of the drawings.
gbritnell

View attachment RUSSELL 16 HP SHT1.pdf

If possible I am looking for full size drawings that I can then scale down myself. Otherwise I do know of some museums that have engines I may be able to measure.

Good luck on your endeavor. When I made the drawings for the Russell I spent 3 complete days and over 250 hours making drawings. It is a lot more work than you can imagine doing something like that. What would be wrong with getting drawings and scaling them up?
What size engine are you planning on making?
gbritnell

George, are you offering to sell plans? Could you provide more info- What does a set cost? Can you show a photo of the engine? I do not know what a Russel is, but you must have had access to one to draw it.

Ok. I guess there is nothing wrong with scaling up from existing drawings as long as they are complete. Someone once told me that I shouldn't because sometimes details get missed or omitted when scaling down. I want to scale it up to 1/2 size or larger.

Back