Stew Completes his Escape Tunnel

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBWHART

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Well Chaps

That's it I've retired after 45 years, I just melted away from the office this afternoon, told the Guys I didn't want any fuss and thats what I got, having a bit of a get together tomorrow down the pub so I guess I'll get a bit emotional

:'(

Then its down the old workshop being my own boss:- well with the wife's kind permision.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just watch those engines come off the assembly line.

Stew

Congrats Stew, can't wait to see what comes of the assembly line. I'll raise a "pint" in your
honor :bow:
Tony

May you have a long, happy and productive retirement.

Peter ;)

SBWHART said:
Well Chaps

That's it I've retired after 45 years, I just melted away from the office

I e-mailed it in. Just be careful, the sudden change in the daily routine, enjoyable or not takes a bit of getting used to. All dressed up and no where to go. My bride was is the worst. Funny how for some reason she doesn't see me as the same, kind, caring, and compassionate gentleman I was while working now that I'm under foot all day :)

Robert

Congratulations Stew! Thm:

Rick

Stew,

You are just in front of me!. I retire officially on September the first. My boss does not want back after the summer holidays, so effectively I am retired from now as well. After 33 years in the same college as a teacher. Never had one moment that I regret from those years.
Now another life starts, I hope.
I wish us all the best to realise that.

Nemt

Thanks chaps your good wishes are overwhelming.

My wife is off work for the 6 week summer school holidays, so its going to be a bit of a practice run for when she retires next year, if we survive that without murdering each other all should be well for the future.

Nemt all the best wishes to you to and may you enjoy a long retirement also.

Thanks again for your good wishes

Stew

Ah - the first day of the rest of your life! make the most of it. :)

Stew,

Welcome to the club. ;D ;D

ENJOY ;) ;) ;)

Best Regards
Bob

Congrats Stew . May your retirement be long enjoyable and productive. Heck with off the assembly line we want to see individual works of art!!!!
Tin
PS on the subject of retirement was talking to a guy the other day A guy at one of the places I do work . He is retiring the end of next week. He has done some lathe work he is talking of joining us here . His name is bob.

Congratulations Stew. You are starting some of the best years of your life.
Sometimes you will go to bed wondering what you will do tomorrow, but strangely enough, when you get up in the morning, you'll wonder what you should do first. Enjoy it!!!

And a hardy welcome too!

Jump in the waters fine!

Dave

Congratulations Stew, Now your going to wonder how you ever had time to go to work. Just pace yourself and stop and smell the roses. What ever you can put off to tomorrow, do it.
enjoy
Mel

Just make sure you have a long and happy one mate (retirement that is) ;D

CC

Just batten down the hatches and prepare to get really busy. Congrats.

Latest posts

Back