Steam engne 001

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you TS. Hopefully later on tonight?

Thank you very much John!!! :big: As I said to Eric, 'READ THE TEXT!' I am going to time it and final assembly tonight, hopefully it will work and the vid' will be made.... else it is going to be a loverly piece of scrap! Work gets in the way you know?!? ;D

Ralph.

Are we there yet?!?! ;D

Is it Running Yet?!?!?!? ;D ;D

How About Now?????? ;) ;)

I'm going down the pub for a TTB (find that one in your acronym finder!!!)

Then when I return I shall be having a big steak etc, then I shall be out in the shop for a bit to see what I can achieve! ;D

Patience is a virtue.... Of which few of us possess!! ;)

(tonight I will not be rushing anything 8) )

Ralph.

Just a wild guess but does Timothy and Taylor figure anywhere in you acronym ::)

CC

OK! Here we go...... the last photo's and the video ;D

I will post a few stills just for those who are interested and then the vid' . The vid is composed of a few stills and then a show of it RUNNING!!! ;D ;D ;D

It is slightly smeared with oil as I had already had it running for about 10 min's ;D

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

Now the Vid'.... You will all notice the one issue but will be no more critical than I.
It is my first and I know where I went wrong so 002 should be much better ;)

Enjoy ;D (jump to 3:00 min's if you want to miss the stills :) )

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWbD9YzAE2U[/ame]

Ralph.

P.S. CC, TTB is Tea Time Bevy! ;) ;D

Oh and air reducer from 13mm od 8mm id pipe was the tip from a tube of mastic/silicone (unused :D )

Top class work mate 8) ................. it does run as good as it looks, and sounds well too, can't ask for any more ............. go to the top of the class ;D

Brilliant video too

CC

Now you can grin, sit back and savour your first runner.

Everything you have done before was just practice, now you can get down to building with a vengeance.

Very well done.

Bogsy

Stunning, runs great, looks good, sounds good great production values on the vid too!

You definitely deserve to treat yourself to an LTB!

David

the only thing i could suggest to make that engine look better is ;) when you photograph it the lighting should be sodium hydroxide tungsten...............no no that wouldn't work.............ok now i got it, you need to polish it with ozonited mercury vapour...............nope that wouldn't help either ..............

ralph this i know for fact you are indeed

the king of bling :bow:

unbelievable workman ship and finish i for one can't wait to see your next project.............and the video is just as fancy ;D

chuck

Ahah!!!!

Now recognised by others as BK. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Got rid of it at last. :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

I knew I could do it if I persevered. ::) ::) ::)

Boglet

Bling a ding ding, Ralph. Excellent work and the video is very professional. If Pixar wants to do a movie about the adventures of an anthropomorphized steam engine, I'll put them on to you. You can build the engine and then edit the movie.

My guess is that you'll keep this engine for the rest of your life. I've often thought of giving my first engine (a Verburg oscillator) to the grandkids but I just can't do it. Even though I've built other engines of which I'm prouder, that first one has so many memories attached that I simply can't part with it.

Thank you all for your more than kind comments ;D

CC, top of the class? Not quite yet... maybe in about ten years! The sound is quite pleasing indeed, it is the con'rod crossing the exhaust that seems to give it that extra chuff. I couldn't block that out with music on the vid'. It was too nicer sound ;D

John, Your not kiddin, I sat there at 1:00am and grinned my a@# off ;D 'building with a vengeance' ... maybe just a little more vigour?! ;)

TS, I should be so lucky... Spent the whole morning and most of the afternoon sorting out the head gasket on the bosses daughters car.... No pressure!! ::) (or too much to be correct! :D )Got a birthday party to go to this eve' though, so it's all good ;D

Chuck.... Aww thanks, now see what you've done! Now Bogs thinks he's lumbered me with his crown! :big:
Appreciate the comment too, I haven't picked the next one yet... I will look into it tomorrow ;D

Wes, Thank you. Nice to see you around. You been hiding? ;)

Marv, If only I could earn a 1000th of what one of there films draws at the box office I'd be there like a rocket! 8) (That'd mean I could finish my house and build my new workshop :).... It's good to dream!)
I know what you mean about the first (anything) I have still got the first little torch I made and I don't think my treadle engine is going anywhere fast, it looks good with my little steamer at it's feet ;D

Well off now to get sorted for the party... I'll take them some photo's! That'll cheer them all up :big: (they just don't get it!! :D )

Ralph.

Thank you Eric, I was never classed as artistic growing up? Maybe I missed my calling? .... Erm, maybe not! :big:

I am very glad you like it ;D

Now all I need to do is figure out what my next one is going to be?

Ralph.

Back