Steam Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan

Reaction score
This the fall harvest weekend at the museum where I volunteer some time. Lots of engines of all kinds running and doing their thing, powering something.

The first picture is one big mother of a steam tractor of about 100 HP. It had just finished plowing a field, pulling a 12 furrow plow

MVC-716F.jpg

The second picture is a Sawyer Massey about 30 HP driving a grain separator

MVC-719F.jpg

The third picture is to meet the standards of this board ans is a model

MVC-723F.jpg

The model was driving a 5" scale Baker Fan until he stopped the belt while the boy was putting water in the tank.

Great pictures Stan!
I love seeing the old iron.

I'm sure you you took more than 3 pictures.

Rick

Really nice Stan.
I enjoy seeing these.
It always amazes me that there are some interested enough and care enough to keep these machines going.
Very nice series of shots.
And yeah...if you have more...post them.

I didn't take many pictures yesterday although I have a lot on my computer, but not in photobucket. All of you know that I am from the middle ages and around 1990 I spent $1200.00 for the latest hi-tech digital camera, a one megapixel Sony that uses a floppy disc for storage. The camera has been acting up in strange ways recently and yesterday was a trial run with a new bx of floppies. It appears that my previous problems were the discs and not the camera.

Here is a Rumley Steamer. Rumley was a very popular tractor in the Canadian West as an early diesel type, less so as a steamer.

MVC-714F.jpg

I don't know anything about this steamer as I didn't have a chance to talk to the owner.

MVC-715F.jpg

This is an early model stationary diesel originally used on a municipal water system pump. Note the mounted propane burner to preheat the head for starting. The man behind the engine is the owner and was just going through the warmup and lubrication prior to starting. When I passed on my way home it was running and surprisingly quiet for no muffler. It is probably has quite a low compression ratio.

MVC-713F.jpg

Latest posts

Back