Corliss Steam Engine (Coles Power Models)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for ordered tools, I start again.
The first two images are tests to validate the direction of rotation in self-tightening, speed and depth.
First, lathe machining, at a dimension + 0.03.
Then finish with a flat file + 800 grit paper, to the exact dimension with "0" clearance. This is to finish with fine lapping paste afterwards.
Then without disassembling the part, I transfer the chuck to the divider of my “13”
First open with a 20mm, 1mm thick disc cutter. As a reminder, I need 1.58 finished by 7 deep.
Then use a 1.5 end mill. Advance of 11mm/T and 2000rpm (maximum I can have)
At this moment, I have already cut 2mm deep and I assure you that I am watching like milk on the fire!!
Fortunately I only need two valves with an opening of 1/16"
LeZapView attachment 154510View attachment 154511View attachment 154512
Waiting for ordered tools, I start again.
The first two images are tests to validate the direction of rotation in self-tightening, speed and depth.
First, lathe machining, at a dimension + 0.03.
Then finish with a flat file + 800 grit paper, to the exact dimension with "0" clearance. This is to finish with fine lapping paste afterwards.
Then without disassembling the part, I transfer the chuck to the divider of my “13”
First open with a 20mm, 1mm thick disc cutter. As a reminder, I need 1.58 finished by 7 deep.
Then use a 1.5 end mill. Advance of 11mm/T and 2000rpm (maximum I can have)
At this moment, I have already cut 2mm deep and I assure you that I am watching like milk on the fire!!
Fortunately I only need two valves with an opening of 1/16"
LeZapView attachment 154510View attachment 154511View attachment 154512
Looking really good! Good plan!

Latest posts

Back