Speedy Melt Furnace

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldCB

Reaction score
Have a Speedy Melt B-300 I'm gonna sell. Saw it in action before I bought it. Have some tools and crucibles with it. Will consider serious offers from guys on HMEM before I try and sell elsewhere, Thanks.

Attachments

• speedy melt.JPG
    speedy melt.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Pittsburgh
I have to say, I am interested, but I thimpfks the shipping costs would be too high for me. I live in the state of Washington--a long way from Pittsburgh. Can you tell me anything more ? What is the weight of it plus all the items that go with it? Also, I can take an estimate of the heat it develops from the amperage rating but you must have a clearer knowledge of the temperature it develops. Also, I have no idea what a reasonable price would be, so can you tell me what you thimpfks a reasonable price is?

No. 20 thru
No. 30
90 lbs
30 lbs
13"Dia - 15-1/2"Deep150CFM 1 HP750,000
6-8 oz.
1-1/2"1"920 lbs.

I know this thing is way too heavy to ship! It's at least 1,500 lbs. with manifold and miscellaneous fitments I have tongs and crucibles and other bits to go with it. Thanks for your interest but I'd like $1,500 for it all and there is no way to ship it to you cost effectively...but I do like your picture!

Gas Fired Melting Furnaces-maximum temperature 2400 deg F. Will run on natural gas or propane-adjust the gas air mixture accordingly (no orifice to change).​

B-Series General Specifications

FLEXIBILITY, VERSATILITY and ECONOMY:

MIFCO manufactures some of the most versatile melting furnaces available. The wide temperature range will allow the melting of most non-ferrous metals used in casting and some grey iron up to class 30 or 35. All of these units have a temperature range of 1200° to 2400° F and are designed to melt as rapidly as possible. In the school shop or industrial foundry, these units have an immediate and profitable application. They cover nearly the entire range of modern melting needs. The initial investment for this type of industrial equipment is nominal and the maintenance is held to an absolute minimum due to the rugged construction and high quality of the furnace lining.

RUGGED, WELDED STEEL CONSTRUCTION:

The outer shells of MIFCO furnaces are heavy gauge steel, reinforced where necessary, with rolled steel bars and welded throughout. The rugged construction conforms to the highest industrial standards. The lid support rings are also constructed of heavy gauge rolled steel bars. The furnace lids are recessed in sectional cast chrome-iron protection plates. The lid derrick is simple in design and sturdily constructed with a detachable handle to prevent overheating. Structural steel legs provide air circulation beneath the unit to prevent overheating of the foundry floor. The low operating height provides greater convenience for charging of the crucible. Each unit is provided with an overflow and drain hole in the base of the furnace.

SECTIONAL REFRACTORY LINING:

Super-duty, high alumina, hand-made, air rammed and pre-fired refractory shapes are used in the lining and dome shaped lids of all MIFCO High Speed Melters. The rapid melting schedules and capacity to melt grey iron make it mandatory that we use the best refractory material available to insure long life of the furnace lining. Super-duty high alumina can withstand the drastic temperature changes due to rapid heating and can operate at temperatures in excess of 3000° F without spalling or deterioration. Sectional linings facilitate movement during heating to prevent thermal cracking and deterioration of the lining and lid. Field replacement of the linings and lids is rapid and easy. Refractory relining kits are available for all MIFCO furnaces.

HIGH TEMPERATURE INSULATION:

High temperature castable insulation between the steel shell and the combustion chamber lining combine high strength and excellent insulating properties. This provides faster heating, lower heat loss and greater burner efficiency.

BURNER SYSTEM:

The MIFCO gas-air mixer will utilize any type of fuel gas - natural, bottled or tank. The venturi design of the aspirator mixer develops a slight suction against the main gas line, eliminating the need for check valves. The standard mixer system is a manual two-valve control which permits the operator to set any type of flame or atmospheric characteristics desired. Both the gas and air valves are conveniently located. The type of fuel gas can be changed as desired without having to change an orifice or jet on the mixer. Each furnace is shipped complete with a blower. It is only necessary to make gas and electrical connections and the furnace is ready to operate.

COMBUSTION SAFEGUARD SYSTEM:

Combustion safeguard systems are standard equipment on all MIFCO furnaces. The burner control is an industrial type, electronic unit activated by a flame sensor that detects the ultra-violet spectrum of the burner flame. Response to a flame failure of any kind is within 2 to 4 seconds and flame monitoring is continuous. The burner system is ignited by a timed electronic spark. In the event of a flame failure, reset of the burner control is manual.

DIMENSIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF SPEEDY MELT HIGH SPEED MELTERS

FURNACE MODEL
CRUCIBLE
SIZE
CAPACITY
PER MELT-
BRASS/
ALUMINUM
COMBUSTION
CHAMBER
DIMENSIONS

DIA
DEEP
A
B
C
FLOOR
SPACE

D
E
BLOWER
AND
MOTOR
RATING
BTU GAS RATING
GAS
LINE
SIZE
GAS
VALVE
SIZE
APPROX.
SHIPPING
WEIGHT
B-160
No. 10 thru
No. 16
48 lbs./
16 lbs.
10"
12"
19-1/2"
30-1/2"
20"
22-1/2"
56"
90CFM
1/2 HP
1-1/4"
3/4"
550 lbs.
B-301
No. 20 thru
No. 30
90 lbs./
30 lbs.
13"
15-1/2"
21"
36"
23"
27-1/2"
76"
150CFM
1 HP
1-1/2"
1"
915 lbs.
B-702
No. 40 thru
No. 70
210 lbs./
70 lbs.
17"
20"
23"
42"
30"
34"
80"
210CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
1,575 lbs.
B-1501
No. 80 thru
No. 150
450 lbs./
150 lbs.
21"
24"
35"
51"
38"
42"
83"
230CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
2,666 lbs.
B2001
No. 90 thru No. 225
675lbs
225lbs
23" 25"
36"
53"
63"
72" -
108"
230CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
3,000 lbs.
*Crucible size designates capacity of pounds of aluminum per melt.

B-Series General Specifications

FLEXIBILITY, VERSATILITY and ECONOMY:

MIFCO manufactures some of the most versatile melting furnaces available. The wide temperature range will allow the melting of most non-ferrous metals used in casting and some grey iron up to class 30 or 35. All of these units have a temperature range of 1200° to 2400° F and are designed to melt as rapidly as possible. In the school shop or industrial foundry, these units have an immediate and profitable application. They cover nearly the entire range of modern melting needs. The initial investment for this type of industrial equipment is nominal and the maintenance is held to an absolute minimum due to the rugged construction and high quality of the furnace lining.

RUGGED, WELDED STEEL CONSTRUCTION:

The outer shells of MIFCO furnaces are heavy gauge steel, reinforced where necessary, with rolled steel bars and welded throughout. The rugged construction conforms to the highest industrial standards. The lid support rings are also constructed of heavy gauge rolled steel bars. The furnace lids are recessed in sectional cast chrome-iron protection plates. The lid derrick is simple in design and sturdily constructed with a detachable handle to prevent overheating. Structural steel legs provide air circulation beneath the unit to prevent overheating of the foundry floor. The low operating height provides greater convenience for charging of the crucible. Each unit is provided with an overflow and drain hole in the base of the furnace.

SECTIONAL REFRACTORY LINING:

Super-duty, high alumina, hand-made, air rammed and pre-fired refractory shapes are used in the lining and dome shaped lids of all MIFCO High Speed Melters. The rapid melting schedules and capacity to melt grey iron make it mandatory that we use the best refractory material available to insure long life of the furnace lining. Super-duty high alumina can withstand the drastic temperature changes due to rapid heating and can operate at temperatures in excess of 3000° F without spalling or deterioration. Sectional linings facilitate movement during heating to prevent thermal cracking and deterioration of the lining and lid. Field replacement of the linings and lids is rapid and easy. Refractory relining kits are available for all MIFCO furnaces.

HIGH TEMPERATURE INSULATION:

High temperature castable insulation between the steel shell and the combustion chamber lining combine high strength and excellent insulating properties. This provides faster heating, lower heat loss and greater burner efficiency.

BURNER SYSTEM:

The MIFCO gas-air mixer will utilize any type of fuel gas - natural, bottled or tank. The venturi design of the aspirator mixer develops a slight suction against the main gas line, eliminating the need for check valves. The standard mixer system is a manual two-valve control which permits the operator to set any type of flame or atmospheric characteristics desired. Both the gas and air valves are conveniently located. The type of fuel gas can be changed as desired without having to change an orifice or jet on the mixer. Each furnace is shipped complete with a blower. It is only necessary to make gas and electrical connections and the furnace is ready to operate.

COMBUSTION SAFEGUARD SYSTEM:

Combustion safeguard systems are standard equipment on all MIFCO furnaces. The burner control is an industrial type, electronic unit activated by a flame sensor that detects the ultra-violet spectrum of the burner flame. Response to a flame failure of any kind is within 2 to 4 seconds and flame monitoring is continuous. The burner system is ignited by a timed electronic spark. In the event of a flame failure, reset of the burner control is manual.

DIMENSIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS OF SPEEDY MELT HIGH SPEED MELTERS

FURNACE MODEL
CRUCIBLE
SIZE
CAPACITY
PER MELT-
BRASS/
ALUMINUM
COMBUSTION
CHAMBER
DIMENSIONS
DIA
DEEP
A
B
C
FLOOR
SPACE
D
E
BLOWER
AND
MOTOR
RATING
BTU GAS RATING
GAS
LINE
SIZE
GAS
VALVE
SIZE
APPROX.
SHIPPING
WEIGHT
B-160
No. 10 thru
No. 16
48 lbs./
16 lbs.
10"
12"
19-1/2"
30-1/2"
20"
22-1/2"
56"
90CFM
1/2 HP
1-1/4"
3/4"
550 lbs.
B-301
No. 20 thru
No. 30
90 lbs./
30 lbs.
13"
15-1/2"
21"
36"
23"
27-1/2"
76"
150CFM
1 HP
1-1/2"
1"
915 lbs.
B-702
No. 40 thru
No. 70
210 lbs./
70 lbs.
17"
20"
23"
42"
30"
34"
80"
210CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
1,575 lbs.
B-1501
No. 80 thru
No. 150
450 lbs./
150 lbs.
21"
24"
35"
51"
38"
42"
83"
230CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
2,666 lbs.
B2001
No. 90 thru No. 225
675lbs
225lbs
23" 25"
36"
53"
63"
72" -
108"
230CFM
2 HP
2"
1-1/4"
3,000 lbs.
*Crucible size designates capacity of pounds of aluminum per melt.

Latest posts

Back