Snow bunnies, eat your hearts out...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mklotz

Reaction score
Picture of the indoor/outdoor thermometer sitting on my desk...

THERMO.jpg

True, it's the land of fruits and nuts but you sure can't beat the weather.

Sure Marv, rub it in!!! :redface2:
George

Nice!

Earlier today I spent an hour helping to get a grocery delivery van out of
back yard. It slid off the street down down a slight embankment into 2 feet
of snow. We did get it out, but not without ripping the yard up a bit.

VanStuck.jpg

Then I have the growing problem of an icicle.

Icicle03.jpg

It's just short of 20 feet long so far. When it comes down, I hope the heavy
end lands on a thermometer that is reading 75°F. ;)

Rick

It's just short of 20 feet long so far. When it comes down, I hope the heavy
end lands on a thermometer that is reading 75°F.

LOL. Good one, Rick.

That reminds me. I have to put some ice cube trays in the fridge so we can make martinis tonight. It's not like we can just walk outside when we need ice and pull some off the roof. You don't know how lucky you are. :) Well, on second thought, maybe you do.

Judging from all the responses so far, I guess you old sourpusses don't want to hear about ceviche at the beach and the girls' volleyball team?

Only if it involves pictures of the lovely ladies spiking the ball around.
gbritnell

Marv---I was in California 3 years ago. My wife and I flew into Reno, Nevada, and rented a car, then drove up through the gold rush country to Sacramento, then on up to Eureka, then all the way down the coastal highway to San Louis Obispo, then across into Bakersfield, up into the Kern valley reserve area, then out across Death Valley to Vegas. I had heard so many scary stories about the traffic in L.A. that I was afraid to drive any further south, so I missed southern California. I agree, you live in a very beautifull part of the world. I have always loved Canada, but as old age begins to take a toll on me, and the attendant arthritis that goes with it, sometimes I wish I had done like the Joads, 40 years ago.---Brian

Brian, you could have stopped in for a beer. The statue of John Sutter pointing to where he discovered gold on the American River in Coloma is practically a stone's throw from my house.

It's almost as warm here as it is in LA, 65 degrees outside, 70 in the work shed.

-T

OK Marv. You won't be laughing when all these millions of us in this blasted snow belt pack up our lathes, milling machines, scrap metal etc and move out to join you Rof}. BTW houses are cheap in California, right? ;)

Cheers,
Phil

Philjoe5 said:
BTW houses are cheap in California, right? ;)

You betcha - $400 - $600/ft^2 in my neighborhood. Oh, and the sales tax is 9.75%. Don't forget your checkbook among all those tools.

Too rich for my blood.
Guess we'll just all just move in with you Marv.

By the way, do you have a pool?
I don't swim much, but I'd love to try nickle plating my
1998 Chevy Tracker just once! A pool would be good.

They thought the move west in 1849 was big.
That one was just about gold.
Wait until this one hits the history books!
Rof}

Rick

Oh, you want a pool too? Does your calculator handle exponential notation?

Sorry, no pool. Like a boat, a pool is a large hole in the ground into which one pours money. I live a five minute drive from the Pacific so a pool isn't required - or even desired.

Before you all get the idea that I'm awash in money, let me explain that I moved to LA in 1963 and bought my present house 33 years ago when things were still sane - or as sane as they ever get out here. In today's market I couldn't afford to buy the house I own.

I'm crushed!
If there is no pool, I'll just stay in the snow.

We have all had a lot of fun with this thread.
Thanks for that Marv!

Rick

rake60 said:
If there is no pool, I'll just stay in the snow.

I'm glad you're speaking for yourself Rick.

5 mins from Pacific.
Cevich at the beach.
Girls volleyball.

An evening with Marv...

I'm working on a plan to get adopted.
It should go as well as most of my plans.

mklotz said:
True, it's the land of fruits and nuts but you sure can't beat the weather.

I'll take the snow. (And the 80 deg summers of ID.)

As long as the Nevada border stays!.

Besides,
If California slides into the ocean we will lose half of Las Vegas' population on the weekends!

As lovely as California is, they all seem to be here come Friday!

Sean

Rick,

I'm scheduled to be in Pomona for the first week in March. How about I swing by Punxy and grab that big icicle. I should be able to find time to adjust Marv's thermometer before I head for home. :big:

Kevin

Latest posts

Back