Small Bandsaw ID

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeby

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have this little bandsaw I picked up a couple of years ago. I bought it because it seemed to be a pretty well built saw and I was going to put it to some use. Seems other things got in the way and I never got around to doing anything with it.

Got any ideas as to what brand etc. it may be? It had a tag on the top of the guard; but it's long gone.

DSCF0095.jpg

Guard opened......

DSCF0096.jpg

View of the back....

DSCF0097.jpg

Here's a view of the underside of the table, you can see the table tilt setup and there's a roller guide beneath the blade guides. It has a similar setup for the top guides.

DSCF0098.jpg

Any information at all would be helpful. As I said, this project got pushed aside and I don't see getting to it anytime soon, if anyone has an interest in it, I will probably end up putting it in the "for sale" listings. If not, it will get listed elsewhere; but for now I would just like to find out a little more about it.

Thanks,

Kevin

I believe it's a Walker-Turner....maybe a 10" or 12".

Older model too

Dave

Dave,

Thanks, and I think you may have it!

It's 12" throat capacity, 6" thickness. The wheels are 12" diameter not including the tire.

It didn't look familiar to me; but after you had mentioned Walker-Turner, I did a little looking in that direction. Appears to be close, or perhaps a 1930's Sears Craftsman? It's a little rusty but should clean up easily, needs a paint job though. Heavy little bugger, being a cast iron frame, I thought with a gear reduction, it would make a nice little saw.

Kevin

I think when the guys from Canada wake up ,they will be proud to tell you it's a beaver. Check to see if there are any made in Canada markings. Looks like a keeper. Google beaver bandsaw,they have a good history. Enjoy it.bert

Latest posts

Back