Rough and Tumble museum Spring Steam Up

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheepo45

Reaction score
Anyone going to the spring steamup on May 13th and 14th? I can bring my engine if there is going to be anyone in the model building.
Cheepo45

I may go I only live about 45 min from it

Dave
West Chester,PA

the model building should be open Usually is for the main shows. I plan n being there.
Tin

We have a workday scheduled for this weekend and we'll be busy getting the facilities in order. The boiler that supplies steam to the model building has passed its annual inspection and we hope to have it in operation for steam up. I have a model I set up for steam over the winter ready for a trial run. There will also be compressed air. I know of at least 4 other members who will be exhibiting engines at the show. The excitement builds ;D ;D ;D

See you there,

Cheers,
Phil

Great time at the show. not a lot of attendees. did get to spend some time with cheepo45 and see his Upshure engine.Phil and the Model shed crew were running around tending to the boiler and chasing repairing steam leaks. Dave Reeves also stopped by got to meet him and his dad.
Z be warned you Are WANTED for a lunch meeting turn yourself in before you get handcuffed LOL .
small event by some standards but a fun day
The HMEM banner was flown.
Tin

And a good time was had by all. I enjoyed talking to everyone.
Cheepo45

I had a great time and it was nice meeting fellow forum members Tin and his significant other, cheepo45, and dave.

Always fun to chat with other model engine builders, and those who are interested in all things mechanical.

A little excitement when I opened the main steam valve on the boiler. Note to self - remember to replace the steam line drain caps before opening main valve. A few leaks here and there were repaired and will be fixed permanently next workday.

Cheers,
Phil

Latest posts

Back