Riser Blocks & Mounts Part 2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazz

Reaction score
So lunch is over (hic) and back to play, :) again, there is nothing too special about mounting the mounts (sounds like a threesome ;D ) The two things I considered were, aligning the pads with the legs of the lathe and recessing the pads under the stand to prevent a tripping point.

Two down, two to go.
DSCN0147.jpg

So, holes drilled and quickly filled, mounts installed and then, I found some leftover gasket material and figured what the heck.
DSCN0151.jpg

Now for reassembly.
DSCN0156.jpg

Keep things straight.
DSCN0158.jpg

The lathe was moved back and for the next hour and a bit, picture if you will, a 50 year old guy doin' over 100 deep knee bends to obtain the following.....(I think it was worth it ;) )
DSCN0167.jpg

DSCN0169.jpg

So now that I have a 'level' foundation to work from, I imagine I will have to tweak the head alignment again, but that's ok, 'cause my QCTP should be here tomorrow ;D

And there she is, my beckening beauty.
DSCN0171.jpg

Cheers,
Chazz

P.S. My baby is far more stable and secure than she was before. :)

nice i like your ideas i to have problems with how my lathe is mounted but i really like how you have improved yours thanks for posting Thm:

Latest posts

Back