Rick from SD

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lampy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I actually found this forum about a year ago and lurked for a while then life got in the way, that and a move half way across the country. I'm settled in now and getting things ready for the long cold winter. The first item loaded in the U-haul for the move from Idaho was the 1940ish Craftsman lathe and a couple months after getting settled I bought a Harbour freight Mini Mill, I am slowly building and acquiring the needed tooling. The first real project I made was a 45 degree Mccabe oscillating engine, built with only the lathe. It is rough but ran on my first attempt ;D Since getting the mini mill I have done a few projects, the first was my own version of a tool makers vice and a few small projects and today I finally made a brass hammer.
My main addiction is Air Rifles (a one cylinder engine, you just have to replace the piston every time it fires) I plan on building more engines, starting with another 45 degree McCabe now that I have a mill, it should turn out looking better.
Very nice forum you guys have here!

metal 001.jpg

metal 002.jpg

metal 003.jpg

Welcome Rick!

The people make the forum...glad your here and your having fun.

Dave

Hey Rick, nice lathe.

Someone is supposed to get me some manuals for old craftsmans scanned in.

Hope he comes through.

Nelson

Allthumbz said:
Hey Rick, nice lathe.

Someone is supposed to get me some manuals for old craftsmans scanned in.

Hope he comes through.

Nelson
You need docs on craftsman lathe? I have them scanned to the putter and other info left over from when I had a 12x36 Craftsman. ;D
Would be happy to share ;)
Bill in SE Idaho

Thanks Bill, would love to have them.

Can you email them?

Nelson

Thanks for the welcome guys.
I have some manuals I got with the lathe, I'll have to round them up. I bought the lathe from the son of the original owner, "like father like son" they both took good care of the lathe and I felt privileged to be allowed to buy it, and obligated to take good care of it.

Allthumbz said:
Thanks Bill, would love to have them.

Can you email them?

Nelson
I have been trying to attach them to an email with with no luck? is there a place i can upload them to?
I have a bunch of flyers, projects, Etc. for the craftsman 12X36 that I have no need of but they came from many sources.
Bill in SE Idaho

Rick,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Rick, where in Idaho did you live? where in SD? My sis lives in Mitchell SD and I live outside of Blackfoot Id in the tater fields.
Good to have you on board ;D
Bill in SE Idaho

bvd1940 said:
Hi Rick, where in Idaho did you live? where in SD? My sis lives in Mitchell SD and I live outside of Blackfoot Id in the tater fields.
Good to have you on board ;D
Bill in SE Idaho
I was up north in the panhandle in Idaho, near Coeur d'Alene, I'm about 45 minutes from Mitchell in a small farming town, Lake Preston.
Glad to be here ;D

Latest posts

Back