R & T Time of harvest show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Well fall is here and time once again for the Time of Harvest show @ http://www.roughandtumble.org/ Oct 10-11
the focus here is farm culture and antique engines. but lots to see and yes the model shed for folks to display and see model engines.
Tin

I'll be there breaking in my new engine with the 1.25" bore. I love getting 16 hours of free (and quiet) compressor air. Hope to see some of you there.

Cheers,
Phil

The show was yesterday. Got a bit of a late start and arrived shortly before 10 am . The parking lot was pretty full. Set up my dispay and seemed like an hour before folks found the model shed. After that steady lookers until late afternoon.The day flew by. By the time I got around to attempting to buy some lunch the concession stands were closed. Had a great time, nice chats with friends and met some new folk. Handed out a few cards for this site. There were some very interested kids and and a retirement aged couple that asked a lot of questions (looking for a hobby to keep busy in retirement).
Norm and Errol from the New England Model Engineering society Club were set up with there engines.
I know you like photos ,Errol said he took over 100 the photos should be up in a few days on the NEMES site.
Tin

Tin, sounds like you had a great day ;D ............ that's what it's all about ........ :bow:

CC

Here is a photo by Norm Jones, of me and Mrs Falcon at the August 2008 show at R&T.

DSCF3887.jpg

Yes I am the one with the mustache LOL.

Ah I see last year the show was also the National hat wearers convention too :big:

Seriously though, you both quite rightly look proud as peacocks of your display, great picture..

David

This was a great show and it was good to see some familiar faces. Norm Jones from NEMES had a very tempermental hot air engine that he finally got running about an hour before the show ended. I took a video of it shown here:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcDd3998Yc[/ame]

I didn't get an opportunity to take many other photos so in a day or so if you go to the NEMES site, I'm sure Errol will have some photos up.

Cheers,
Phil

For those interested the Time of harvest Photos have been posted to the neme-s.org web site.
Tin

Back